St Malo France

qwark

Its all changed there now. We were there last year late on and the nearest places to park are either the massive car park where the shuttle buses go from which is I think about €17 for 24 hours with no services or the campsite at the Hotel Vert next door which is I think about €20-24 inc EHU for two people.

There are two further aires a bit cheaper further back about a mile or so.

We stayed at a cracking Aire at Sains which I think was about €5 with hookup but is about five or six miles south west but we just used the scooter. If you dont have secondary transport or bikes your going to need to stay on one of the first two really.

You cannot get a vehicle anywhere near now and the Hotel Vert site or the shuttle car park is as far as you can go.

Its worth it though as what they have done is a massive improvement. At high tide the island looks like a proper island now without the eyesore of two hundred motorhomes parked beneath it.

For the very latest info i would use www.campingcar-infos.com dont rely on the Aires book as its probably out of date.

Barryd999 - 2016-12-16 12:57 PM

Its all changed there now. We were there last year late on and the nearest places to park are either the massive car park where the shuttle buses go from which is I think about €17 for 24 hours with no services or the campsite at the Hotel Vert next door which is I think about €20-24 inc EHU for two people.

We stayed at a cracking Aire at Sains which I think was about €5 with hookup but is about five or six miles south west but we just used the scooter. If you dont have secondary transport or bikes your going to need to stay on one of the first two really.

You cannot get a vehicle anywhere near now and the Hotel Vert site or the shuttle car park is as far as you can go.

Its worth it though as what they have done is a massive improvement. At high tide the island looks like a proper island now without the eyesore of two hundred motorhomes parked beneath it.

For the very latest info i would use www.campingcar-infos.com dont rely on the Aires book as its probably out of date.

I think this reply might refer to Mont St Michel rather than St Malo.

Robert

There is an aire on the outskirts which is €7.20 p/n...

http://campingcar-infos.com/Francais/cci.php?numero=11327

If you just want to park for the day (Sep 2015) nearer the centre then we parked at the side of Chausee des Corsaires along with quite a few other motorhomes, its only a short walk to the centre from there, coords are....

48.64371 -2.01932

I think that Barry bloke is on about Mont de St Michel, I think he's been drinking again. :->

Pete

We're going at the end of June and will base ourselves at Domaine du Logis at La Chappelle aux Filtzmeens which is about 20 miles south of St Malo. It's a great site and central for visiting St Malo, Dinan, Mont St Michel, Rennes etc.

Normally park up just outside the city walls in St Malo and by the riverside in Dinan.

Robert

try this link for Alet....

http://www.ville-saint-malo.fr/tourisme/campings-aire-camping-cars/camping-de-la-cite-dalet/#googtrans/fr/en

we used it regularly several years ago when living in Jersey, and it was then open for a long season. However it now only seems to b open April -1mid May, then July and August....not sure why. as its really convenient for st MAlo visits.

There is also a good aire (formerly a municipal site) which is referred to above, and there are bus links from there into the city.

Yes, the opening periods are odd.

This St Malo Tourism webpage

http://www.saint-malo-tourisme.com/organiser/hebergement/campings/137455-camping-municipal-de-la-cite-dalet

adds the statement "Accueil des camping cars : du 31 mars au 25 septembre”, but I’m not sure if that means just for water/waste ‘servicing’ or actually staying there.

Derek Uzzell - 2016-12-17 5:55 PM

Yes, the opening periods are odd.

This St Malo Tourism webpage

http://www.saint-malo-tourisme.com/organiser/hebergement/campings/137455-camping-municipal-de-la-cite-dalet

adds the statement "Accueil des camping cars : du 31 mars au 25 septembre”, but I’m not sure if that means just for water/waste ‘servicing’ or actually staying there.

The reference in the camping Car tariff section ( 12 € = hors période ouverture du camping) suggests that it closes for camping but is available for camping cars in that middle period. Exactly what you get for your 12 € is, as you suggest, still not clear!

Phaeton

That’s certainly the impression from the link I provided, though I notice that the English-language version of the webpage omits the 12 € out-of-campsite-opening-period information you’ve highlighted. All of the comments relate to stays within March/April or July/August and there’s a negative comment (April 2015 stay) complaining about short opening periods and the more basic requirements of motorcaravanners.

This link

http://www.campercontact.com/fr/france/bretagne-o-35/st-malo/29563/aire-de-camping-car-camping-municipal-de-la-cite-dalet.aspx

includes a number of 2016 reviews but I’m guessing that they all relate to the July/August period. There is an 18 August 2015 comment that says that the campsite was closed at the end of June (2015).

The simplest way to find out what the present situation is regarding motorhomes would be to e-mail the St Malo tourist office and ask them.

crocs - 2016-12-16 1:25 PM

Barryd999 - 2016-12-16 12:57 PM

I think this reply might refer to Mont St Michel rather than St Malo.

Robert

Doh!!! sorry. :D

If anyone is going to Mont st Michel and not St Malo then look no further than above! :D

Carry on.

Archived