Winter fun in the French Alps - any recommendations

flicka

I've been trying to help Michele with info regarding a winter trip in the Snow.

My experience is mostly Switzerland & Austria. I've only done a couple of package trips in France.

Can anyone recommend French resorts where there are alternative activities than just Sking, with Winter Campsites & level in resort.

Flicka

flicka - 2006-12-16 9:30 PM

I've been trying to help Michele with info regarding a winter trip in the Snow.

My experience is mostly Switzerland & Austria. I've only done a couple of package trips in France.

Can anyone recommend French resorts where there are alternative activities than just Sking, with Winter Campsites & level in resort.

Flicka

Hi Flicka'

Have a look at http://www.champ-du-moulin.com/resumenl.htm I've been there many times but not in the winter, friends go there every winter and speak very highly of it.

Telecabin from near site to Le Deux Alpes.

Don

Thank you ,

for that have just printed it off . The snow chains have not arrived yet ? Know idea paid extra for express delivery . They were in a warehouse in Hitchin in Hertfordshire on friday. Have no idea why we bothered to pay for express . Don't find it very fast service . Still might come tomorrow .

Will have to wait in and see . In a bit of a mess as the new kitchen floor is still being tiled. Cheers Guy's

;-)

Suggest you try Tignes, Les Deaux Alpes, La Plagne, Flaine, Val Torens. I have been to all of these in winter for skiing. They all have other things to do.

Tignes and Les Deaux Alpes have an area which motor homes use for parking, a bit like an aire. Flaine and Les Deaux Alpes are probably more user friendly if you are taking the children. Access to the mountain via cable car from these two villages. The others use chairs and gondolas which are probably too difficult for your children. There tends to be steps but the resorts are getting more user friendly.

Perhaps you could contact the Ski Club Of Great Britain they no doubt have answered your questions many time regarding access.

Archived