New satnav. Aguri anybody?

bikey

Hi happy newyear to you all,

Looking to replace my motorhome specific satnav and been looking at the aguri range advertised in c&cc and cc magazines

Would be interested to hear comments from anyone who has one or has info on them

Thank you,

Brian

Hi Flicka

Thanks for replying the Aguri is a make advertised in the c&cc mag and the cc mag supposedly motorhome specific including full Europe maps and dash cam £199 .99

Have been using garmin for years but it's routing can be erratic at times

Have used truck satnav from eBay successfully for last 4 years but mapping is a bit out of date so looking to update

Brian

hi, got one of these and had lots of problems on the set up,even sent it back (too late for refund) it was returned with updates,but more important with a manual,which is not supplied on first purchase,and found it a lot easier to sort. it does a lot more than i need so if you want a basic sat nav.get a good spec garmin etc but i am a technophobe but their after sales service is very good so would recommend it just on this.

There’s a complimentary letter about Aguri in the latest issue of MMM - though this seems to be more about good after-sales when the letter-writer’s Aguri device failed to work properly than the device’s functionality.

There are Amazon reviews (good and bad)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B010685HMQ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

In this link

https://caravanchronicles.com/equipment-reviews/review-of-the-tomtom-go-live-camping-and-caravan-sat-nav/

Chris Clements commented as follows

“...We looked at the Aguri as friends of ours had it and liked the idea it had a camera on it but our friends couldn’t get it to work. They rang Aguri while in Spain and had a replacement sent out but that too is not working. We thought we would do a little research while we were on our European trip last month and asked all those we got chatting to what nav they used. There was a mix of Garmin, snooper, Tom Tom and Aguri. Problem was though 3 more Aguri users were having problems with there’s and one had also had a replacement sent out but was still experiencing problems. We borrowed our friends Aguri to see if we could get it to work but couldn’t. We found it flimsy and not as good quality also sound turned up was not loud enough."

Mag bought me the 700. I think she said I couldn't find my own a**e in a bathtub and my grumpy cursing about our Garmin Nuvi driving us up dirt tracks was getting intolerable.

To the point. I haven't had chance to use it yet so no idea what it's like in UK never mind abroad. I have 1 quibbles. The camera can't be panned so to capture the field of vision in front of your vehicle you wind up looking at the screen from the side whereas my preference is to angle the satnav so it is square on when I look at it.

Apart from that it all works. I plan to take the Garmin abroad just in case! I'll take some ear plugs for Mag.

Archived