Hymer/Fiat 2006 - which headlamp bulb?

StuartO

I have carried the same spare bulb kit from my previous MH and suspect this is the wrong headlamp bulb for my current vehicle, which is a 2005/6 A Class Hymer on a Fiat chassis, which I believe has Hella headlamp units.  These are the one you can rotate in the mounting to change the dipping from LHD to RHD ir vice versa.

Does anyone know (for sure) which headlamp bulb they use?

Found the answer myself.  From a 2011 thread I learned that these Hella lamps mostly used H7 lamps but some later models (2004 onwards, as produced by Hella) had H1 lamps so, because of the uncertainties of when your particular headlamp units were bought from Hella by Hymer, the only way to find out what fits yours is to look. 

Fortunately you don't have to remove the lamp, just scrutinise from the front.  H7 lamps have conspicuous black tops and these can be see through the lens - bingo, despite my MH being manufactured by Hymer in late 2005, my Hella headlights have the pre-2004 H7 bulbs!

You can only see the lamps in the inner pair of light units because in the outer pair the lamps tips are obscured by an inner lens - so I've assumed that hymer would at least fit either an H& or and H1 set and not a mixture of both!

2143612723_H7headlamp.JPG.63c8d36f4a64497c9742a979039dc623.JPG

565956592_H1headlamp.jpg.abd7c6fd2a48540ca53941f8b606d714.jpg

Archived