***Rapido A Class circa 2010 silver screens wanted***

Goneoff

Before I pick up the phone and place an order with Silver Screens or Taylormade for external thermal screens to fit a Rapido A Class circa 2010, I just wondered if there is anyone on here who has some to sell. My Rapido is a 9066df but I'm sure there are several models of this era that share the same body shape. If you have some to sell please contact me asap. Thanks

I have a 2010 Rapido 966 purchased new. At the time the dealer told me that the door seals had been changed on all Rapido A Class to external seals and that external screens " were not yet available".

After a thorough search on the internet I found a French company who could supply a modified set which were fitted using aluminium channel above the side windows/door. These were priced at almost 700 euro. I declined the offer. Taylormade and Silverscreens could not supply suitable screens.

I eventually found a set from "Van Comfort" ( if I remember correctly) which were made to measure. These are also fitted using aluminium channel fixed above the side windows/door. They work very well.

Given the expense and the requirement to permanently fix the aluminium channel to the bodywork of the motorhome, I'd be surprised if there are many, if any, second hand screens available.

I hope you are lucky and find some as they do make a vast difference in comfort when using the van in winter

Peter

Colinsburgh - 2017-01-02 11:30 AM

I have a 2010 Rapido 966 purchased new. At the time the dealer told me that the door seals had been changed on all Rapido A Class to external seals and that external screens " were not yet available".

After a thorough search on the internet I found a French company who could supply a modified set which were fitted using aluminium channel above the side windows/door. These were priced at almost 700 euro. I declined the offer. Taylormade and Silverscreens could not supply suitable screens.

I eventually found a set from "Van Comfort" ( if I remember correctly) which were made to measure. These are also fitted using aluminium channel fixed above the side windows/door. They work very well.

Given the expense and the requirement to permanently fix the aluminium channel to the bodywork of the motorhome, I'd be surprised if there are many, if any, second hand screens available.

I hope you are lucky and find some as they do make a vast difference in comfort when using the van in winter

Peter

Thanks for the info, as I said to Derek nothing is ever simple!

Cy.G - 2017-01-04 10:47 PM

We have a 9048df our exterior silver screens are a perfect fit .

Hi many thanks for your response; could you please tell me the age of your Rapido and the make/manufacturer of the silver screens. Also how they fit around the passenger door and have you had any issues with water running into the van?

Thanks again

Phil

Archived