Trigano go for world domination

paulmold

Oh Oh - don't like the thought of Adria joining Trigano - bit biased having and liking Adria, doubtless they will couch the deal in good terms, injection of cash, business sense, opportunity, but I think unfair competition or monopoly rules, maybe a reduction in quality, less choice.

Sad news - Given that I own the van already, but if I wanted something from the Trigano stables, I would have bought something from the Trigano stables.

Agaric - 2017-01-06 3:31 PM

paulmold - 2017-01-06 2:16 PM

Auto-sleeper acquisition looks like a done deal to me

http://m.4-traders.com/TRIGANO-4718/news/Trigano-Acquisition-of-Auto-Sleepers-Investments-Ltd-23637038/

You included Adria in there, which was todays news, Autosleepers was already a done deal, I was commenting on Adria which isn't.

Practical Motorhome announced yesterday that Adrias parent company had agreed the sale..

http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/news/42459-trigano-group-buys-adria

Suggestion is that Adria's parent company is loosing money & needs to sell to survive.

I don't think it will make much difference - the current Trigano brands appear (on the surface) to operate independantly & develope different models, so it is not as though Adria will suddenly be forced to drop their range & start building badged models from other Trigano owned makers. Chausson offer very different layouts to Benimar, Mobilvetta, Euramobil, Autotrail etc, for example. Trigano appear to be successful & keen to invest (they do not appear to be borrowing to finance these acquisitions - Autotrail is expandling IIRC). Most of their group companies appear to be working hard to offer innovative designs & production techniques (I say most, as Autotrail appears to be stuck in the past !) and appear to have retained their individuality.

There also appears to be plenty of British, French & German non-Trigano competition for those who cannot find anything that appeals in the Trigano camp.

Nigel B

As long as it does not follow the path of the Tirus Group. They were dominant in the early 2000's offering a variety of brands throughout Europe and in fact were Europe's bigest manufacturer at the time. They were German owned making most products in Belgium and exporting everywhere including the UK. However one part of the 'empire' namely the Dutch market collapsed and led to the collapse of the whole group. It is not as if the products were bad they were well made and have sttood the passage of time against more modern equivalents, it was just that marketing did not spot the change in customer habits in Holland. Some parts of the 'empire' have survived for example Lunar is still going strong and the Dutch brands have been re-invented,but Tirus is no more.

Bearing in mind that we are leaving the EU, what is the point of them aquiring Autosleeper a most British of British Companies selling almost exclusively to British Tastes. Any advantages to them once we leave the single market ? If they change the quality loss of sales would be instant.? Puzzled.

Rayjsj - 2017-01-09 7:49 PM

Bearing in mind that we are leaving the EU, what is the point of them aquiring Autosleeper a most British of British Companies selling almost exclusively to British Tastes. Any advantages to them once we leave the single market ? If they change the quality loss of sales would be instant.? Puzzled.

Makes sense from their point of view. They buy a (presumably) profitable Autosleepers at a very good exchange rate and it gives them a manufacturing facility in the U.K. which will be helpful if tariffs are introduced following Brexit.

Robert

Rayjsj - 2017-01-09 7:49 PM

If we have tariffs they will be the same as we have with the USA under WTO, 3% which is the UK's biggest trading country.

So companies buying up assets here do not see this as a problem as somewhere in their exports they are under WTO rules.

About 88% of GDP in the UK is generated internally so tohave a manufacturing base here makes sense, only 5% of GDP comes from the EU and 7% from the rest of the world.

Archived