Sat tv in motorhome

monique.hubrechtsgm

My ten year old (now obsolescent) satellite TV system needed updating a few years ago because of transponder changes and I took it to Conrad Anderson in Birmingham, just off the M6.  They were marvellous.

They had to use old software on an old laptop to access my system but they did it - and made only a moderate charge.  I am by no means technophobic but I could not possibly have done this job myself.

I think it depends to a large extent on what satellite system you have.

I have an Oyster Vision 2 and have changed the transponder settings on quite a few occasions, with no problems.

The Alden system is French, I believe. I have heard of many reports, over the years, about the difficulties of tweaking French satellite systems. Don't get me wrong, I love the French, but they do seem to encourage their citizens to only watch French TV stations by default :-o

Robbo

Monique is in Belgium!

We have a Road pro dome, and have no problems with getting Tv in europe. we can get a lot of UK Tv, and also no problem getting German.Austrian etc when in Europe. We have a Maxview Free to air sat receiver, which is easy to operate , bought i think from Maplins.

Should be easy to TV in Europe, i believe it was Th UK that changed the perimeter.s a couple of years ago , which is when we had to change to the Maxview Box, as our old one could not be upgraded.

PJay

PJay - 2017-01-10 5:25 PM

Robbo

Monique is in Belgium!

PJay

Yes, PJay, I am fully aware of that fact but thanks for mentioning. Monique appears to have excellent language skills so perhaps she wants to watch programmes other than in French.

Perhaps she is a lurker of the BBC and now has a desire to improve her dancing in Belgium unless it's Strictly banned, haha !!!

Transponder changes for channels are no problem, it's the ones that affect sat finding of automatic systems which cause problems, fortunately this has only happened once since having our iSat, took the circuit board out and sent it off for update.

I have an early Crystop Autosat2 with a control box about the size of an early cd play. Turned it on one night about 3-4 years ago and it had no satellite options or TV channels at all. The dish motors etc work fine but it cannot find any satellites at all. I may take it into C Anderson when I get back or at least give them a call as nobody else seems interested thanks for the info! :-)

Another frustrating thing is that your dish keeps turning in circles to a point it get blocked and in a position that you can not open a roof window. And if your roof was in a open position it could will be hit. It is very difficult to stop this exercise by the remote control .The only thing you can do is start your engine for at least the time that the B+ bring your dish down. Check that B+ system anyway to prevent running off the dish when you enter your carport.

Archived