valet

skaman

Hello, has anyone had their motorhome cleaned and then coated with a product such as diamondbright or suchlike. The companies that offer the service suggest that it brings the paintwork back to as new and lasts years. Bit nervous of having it done and would appreciate any advice.

skaman - 2017-01-28 4:00 PM

Hello, has anyone had their motorhome cleaned and then coated with a product such as diamondbright or suchlike. The companies that offer the service suggest that it brings the paintwork back to as new and lasts years. Bit nervous of having it done and would appreciate any advice.

We had our van cleaned by Mike (fjmike) a couple of years ago, and he did a very good job, came to house to do it.

i don't know how much it would cost to have Diamond coating on a van. Had my car done from new, and that was quiet expensive, You would really need it done from new, but once the elements get on it, not sure it would be worth it IMO Just keep it clean

PJay

Hi I had it done twice with similar products the first was from new at a cost of approximately £500.00 the second time with a different product but with the same promise was £300.00.

The only reason I had it done is because I have a disability and can not wash the motorhome myself.

Changed vans last year and haven't had it done again, frankly based on my two experiences it is a waste of good money you can pay someone to valet the van once a year for eight years for that kind of cash.

I really wish that I could wash and polish my own van as weirdly, I used to enjoy doing it.

Pete

Archived