EPDM to EPDM Just by the right adhesive

monique.hubrechtsgm

As you are aware this material is used a lot in motor home roof sealing. But to glue these two together as a Siamese is very tricky. Key words : Isopropanol to clean the substrate. Because of the ole fins in the edpm the best glue will be cyanoacrylate adhesive.The seconds adhesive in small tubes, but you can only spread only a small portion. In domestic they use intelligent overlaps. But i will glue the slats coming off from a tramp which is covered by edpm granulates bonded. Any advice appreciated.

EPDM rubber is described here

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=epdm

I would not have thought it was used much for European-built motorhome roofs, though ‘rubber’ roofs are commonplace on American RVs and I’m aware that Mirage motohomes had this type of roof-covering.

Cyanoacrylate adhesive (‘super glue’) comes in various types and is much loved by aeromodellers. It is available in fairly large containers (example here)

http://tinyurl.com/hhwxo4p

but I’ve no experience of of using it to glue together EPDM rubber (and my flat-roofing days are long over!)

Thank you very much Derek on behalf of our dog agility club. We use hundreds of these elevated dog walk runnings covered by anti-slip epdm covering . In the uk the downward contacts have slats bonded to base material. We have add on glued slats. That rubber is very difficult to glue to each other. We are now testing Soudal silirub e

And Bostik. About the superglue which is the best you should take into account the following: Spread and pressure the two. Once the oxygen is out the reaction started.Always use gloves. Yes my neighbor is still fighting this material on his flat roof and it is all about gluing the right way.

Archived