Vienna Campsites or Stellplatz

WhiteCheyenneMan

Stayed at Reisemobilstellplatz Wien - Perfektastrasse 49-53 Vienna (Wein) www.reisemobilstellplatz-wein.at

in the summer. 150 m from the metro station . 20 minutes to centre by metro.

Good value 5 day pass for metro/ trams to and in the city.

Stelplaz facilities are very good - hook up - showers - toilets etc.

Could recommend the camperstop.

I had an interesting letter published in the MMM magazine (October) regarding a lost water filler cap at the Vienna Stelplaz.

O.K. John This is my letter as it appeared in M.M.M.

Reputation restored?

“It’s your fault and you can’t blame anyone else”.

“But look mate”, (our term of endearment).

“You were emptying the grey and I was err” I was struggling for excuses.

“It’s your job to fill with fresh water and to replace the water tank cap”. My wife said pointing an accusing finger at me.

My reputation for a super-efficient ‘belt and braces’ motorhomer was in tatters.

We had spent a week on the smashing Reisemobilstellplatz in Vienna and discovered on arriving at our next destination that the water tank cap had been left in Vienna.

She who must be obeyed, picked up her book and retreated outside to enjoy the warm evening sunshine burying her head into the chapter of the latest novel.

Undaunted but slightly bruised by the criticism levelled, I decided to try and restore my reputation built up over many years of motorhoming (two).

I was to embark on a friendship with Franz at the Vienna Stellplatz.

Searching through my camperstop book, I found the telephone number of the Stellplatz.

“Ya” said my new friend answering the telephone.

“Do you speak English”? I asked.

“Yes”

“This morning when leaving your camperstop I left the cap from my freshwater filler at the motorhome service point”.

“Yes we have it here”.

“Brilliant”, I replied.

“Which one is it”? He asked.

“The white lockable one with err”. I struggled for a description.

“We have five here.”

“Five”. My heart began to sink.

“No problem” he said.

“Tell me your email address and I will photograph the five, number them, you can then identify which one belongs to you”.

“Well, what could I say but many thanks for your help”.

Filled full of optimism and a new found confidence, I poked my head outside to where my wife was engrossed in her book.

“Guess what?”

She looked over her book listening with a degree of scepticism at my account of my new friendship and the outcome.

Within the hour, my friend Franz, good as his word, emailed me with a photo of five caps.

I was soon able to identify mine and asked him to mail it to the U.K. and tell me the cost of postage and packing.

Then followed an exchange of warmly composed emails.

I sent 15 Euros and Franz mailed my cap to the U.K.

“Many thanks for your help Franz – No problem John and glad you enjoyed your stay with us”.

Reputation restored.

Happy motorhoming.

John Richardson

Hi John

We also stayed at the Vienna Stelleplatz a couple of years ago. Can only endorse what the others said about it. The facilities were excellent and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

The underground transport into the city centre was very efficient and close by. There was also a supermarket a very short distance away. A really good base for exploring the wonderful city of Vienna.

Can also recommend a trip to the Schonbrunn Palace easily accessible by the underground system.

Mike

Archived