Cello TVs

rooster63

Am looking to replace my existing 16" mobile TV with a TV that has a built in DVD player. Quite like the look of the Cello C19EFFT as it also included a satellite tuner besides the Freeview one (might invest in a satellite dish in the future). Considerably cheaper than Avtex (£199) but any good? As we have a PVC can't go any higher than 19", looked at the measurements of a Finlux 22" and that is too big for the space we have.

Not big TV watchers, just something for wet days when my wife is fed up of losing at Rummikub!

Guest pelmetman
rooster63 - 2017-02-02 9:46 AM

Am looking to replace my existing 16" mobile TV with a TV that has a built in DVD player. Quite like the look of the Cello C19EFFT as it also included a satellite tuner besides the Freeview one (might invest in a satellite dish in the future). Considerably cheaper than Avtex (£199) but any good? As we have a PVC can't go any higher than 19", looked at the measurements of a Finlux 22" and that is too big for the space we have.

Not big TV watchers, just something for wet days when my wife is fed up of losing at Rummikub!

We bought one last year.........works fine here in Spain with our bog standard status aerial, also you can go into menu and change the language, so there's at least 6 or 7 channels with programs in English we can watch, even manage to get the odd channel in France ;-) .......

As for satellite I don't think the camper dishes can pick up UK channels South of Bordeaux anymore :-| ......

We've had a 19" Cello for over 3 years and it has performed OK with good picture quality.

The sound is a bit tinny and the viewing angle is probably not as good as the Avtex. The remote control didn't work very well but that was replaced FOC.

We power it directly from 12v (no 12v stabilisation required). We use the inbuilt decoder for use with our satellite dish or via a Sky box when in UK or northern France. The Freeview should work fine in UK using a terrestrial aerial unless you are in an area of poor reception. Sometimes, campsites give advice on terrestrial TV reception.

Excellent product - we've had two and also had an Avtex.

I sold the Avtex that came with our new MH as I got very fed up of Avtex's built in software. This has had several updates.

We only use the TV with a satellite dish and having to work through their 100 preset channels (most of which do not work in France/Spain) is a real pain. I also found the Avtex support people rather brusque and impersonal when I asked them for assistance. Bit like - "why are you bothering me" attitude.

The Cello TV is not quite as good for viewing angle and sound but as it's only a holiday TV we are very happy with the £199 price and straightforward software. Works well on 12 volt and we use the HMI to connect to our Sky box which also works very well. Plenty of picture adjustment.

Very helpful people at TV Village as well.

Hi

We must all report what we find and as a result i must stick up for Avtex. Bought a new one at a show and very early it started to show signs of problems. Spoke to Avtex Customer services and after describing the problem they sent a courier to collect. TV collected, repaired and returned within the week - FOC. Problem still present. More conversation and as a result courier collected mine, within a day new TV delivered. FOC

Set up and has never been any further problem. Now to me, that is service. I am not promoting Avtex against Cello as I have no experience of this make. What I am saying is that one good experience does not make a company but one bad one does not kill a company. There are many good reports for Avtex, they may be expensive (and thats a matter of opinion) but they are good in that they are good from wide angles of viewing - much more than any other TV we have had. You may feel that provides good value for money.

To the original poster I apologise but I do not like companies being slagged off for no particular reason or support for the comments. I would be first to criticise any company but would include a suitable explanation for such criticism.

Rant over

Arthur

Arthur Brown - 2017-02-03 10:50 PM

Hi

We must all report what we find and as a result i must stick up for Avtex. Bought a new one at a show and very early it started to show signs of problems. Spoke to Avtex Customer services and after describing the problem they sent a courier to collect. TV collected, repaired and returned within the week - FOC. Problem still present. More conversation and as a result courier collected mine, within a day new TV delivered. FOC

Set up and has never been any further problem. Now to me, that is service. I am not promoting Avtex against Cello as I have no experience of this make. What I am saying is that one good experience does not make a company but one bad one does not kill a company. There are many good reports for Avtex, they may be expensive (and thats a matter of opinion) but they are good in that they are good from wide angles of viewing - much more than any other TV we have had. You may feel that provides good value for money.

To the original poster I apologise but I do not like companies being slagged off for no particular reason or support for the comments. I would be first to criticise any company but would include a suitable explanation for such criticism.

Rant over

Arthur

One of the main reasons for posting on this forum is to share experiences for the benefit of others.

You had what sounds like an excellent experience with Avtex, I had the opposite experience. Not slagging them off - just telling other readers what I experienced. I also praised TV Village just to keep the balance of my post. The built in Avtex software is a fact and as we travelled around Europe using the TV I found the preset channels (which are very difficult to remove) a practical nuisance. Others may not be bothered by this software arrangement.

Arthur Brown - 2017-02-03 10:50 PM

Rant over

Arthur

Where in the original post were they slagging off Avtex?

Hi

I apologised to the original poster for not dealing with his query in any way. I have not and did not suggest in any shape or form that the original poster slagged off anyone.. Have a go by all means but please read the posts and understand the contents. Always make sure there is water in the pool before jumping off the five mtr board.

Arthur

Archived