New Fridge for a 2004 Motorhome

eddieandsue

The cooling Unit has failed on my daughters Dometic RM7655L Fridge Freezer. She is presently touring Europe and is in Portugal. Can anybody recommend whether this can be repaired or if not where she can acquire a replacement. She cannot really afford the 1,500 pounds for a new Fridge and would be quite happy to purchase a decent second hand one. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

There is still a tradition of repairing things in Portugal but none of the big firms will do it. What town Is she in? If she uses Facebook there is a group called Life in Portugal, she should say where she is and I'm sure someone will tell her about someone. Another group is Anything and Everything Algarve. These people have a tiny little workshop somewhere full of useful bits. Alternatively she could contact www.CamperServ.com in Loule and if they can't do it they may be able to point her in the right direction. They are nice blokes and by all accounts not too expensive.

Just found another one, also in Algarve:

Having a fridge not working on 12v was becoming a pain so I called cantinho do caravanista (289358706) who said they'd see me in a 2 working days. They were great, found the fault, a wire between fridge and batteries that was frayed. Plus they fixed my water pump that was dying for a very reasonable fee. They are based at troto between faro and almancil on the N125. Excellent service. Onward

Archived