Tyre Pressure Monitoring equipment

william4

I have an older Tyrepal version, for 4+2 tyres - 3 years old, now. It has worked very well. The batteries within the valve covers (which measure the pressure/heat in the tyres), had to be replaced after about 18 months, and I don't find them particularly easy to set-up (helps if you read and inwardly digest the written instructions first!) The main internal battery lasts a reasonable time before needing recharging (via the 12v socket), and re-charges fully in around 1 1/2 hours on the move, whilst still working.

I clip the monitor onto the top of the pad-holder on the top of the Ducato's fascia, where it is easily visible but doesn't obstruct my view of the road. When it becomes dark outside, a pale blue glow illuminates the screen without causing glare.

It is fascinating to note how the tyre pressure rises as the distance increases - it can get to an extra 8psi above its cold pressure, and it is reassuring to know that you'll be warned if any problem arises, by flashing lights and beeps.

So, I am happy with this system,and much prefer it to the factory-fitted Ducato system (or that of other modern vehicles) - it is so much more flexible. If you contact the tyre manufacturer for their suggested pressure based on your axle weights, you can adjust the tyre pressure, and set the alarms on the Tyrepal accordingly.

We have a TyrePal system and it works very well for us on our Auto Trail Tracker. Just had to change a battery on one of the valves and it was no real problem just pull back the rain/dust cover and unscrew the large cap and slide the battery out and replace. More trouble finding the right battery here in Spain.Go for it its worth the money long term.

I have had a TyrePal on my Bürstner since 2014 and it is a very reassuring piece of kit which has paid for itself several times over now.

In France, the TyrePal alerted us to a high-speed air loss; fortunately, we were able to get off the road and stop quickly to have the tyre repaired.

On a previous trip, before having the tyre pressure monitor, we lost a tyre on a French motorway - a €250 expense!

Our TyrePal allows you to set alerts for low and high pressures as well to let you know when the tyres need a little more / less air.

You can also link the system to trailer tyres, by the way - my model, up to six tyres can be monitored.

I can recommend TyrePal - a worthwhile investment.

Archived