Extract from CV Driver Magazine

suntrecker38

At around christmas I pick a CV Driver magazine and in it was a letter I thought it may be of interest.

By Trucker Trev

I spend a lot of time in my cab looking down into the interiors of cars that are passing me by (idle curiosity, not voyeurism!!!!) and it frightens me silly to see the number of young girls who sit in the passenger seats with their legs up on dashboard.

In the event of an accident, the airbag will go off and is likely to cripple them for life at best - and kill them at worst. If you've ever seen an airbag go off (which I have), you'll know how much force is exerted.

In many cases people get their noses broken by the impact - which is bad but not as bad as dying.

So just imagine what would happen to a pair of legs when this force is exerted against them.

So my plea to all your readers is this - just spread the word about this dangerous practice among everyone you know. A word here and there could well save someone's life so it must be worth doing.

Trucker Trev by email

keninpalamos - 2017-02-11 6:21 AM

starvin marvin - 2017-02-07 6:15 PM

I can remember an advert for the sale of a sports car that (I paraphrase) the car was in excellent condition apart from the stiletto heel marks on the dash board!

I remember selling that car :D

Yes, it was your Wifes car. :-D

Did you ever find my keys under the seat? They must have come out of my trouser pocket when I was ... ahem ... adjusting them. :$

Archived