Water pump

chello

The habitation electrics on my Bessacarr E425 year 2000, stopped working, it was the 20 amp fuse under the drivers seat near the battery,the seat had to be removed to get at the fuse,I extended the cables so the fuse can be changed from the front of seatbox. All lights working but not water pump,it was trying to surge so I turned the pressure valve it pumps but wont switch off,is the pump pressure sensitive and may need more on the pressure valve. Any help welcomed, thanks.

As you’ve been able to adjust your water-pump’s "pressure valve", I assume the pump is a pressure-sensitive type (eg. a SHURflo-made pump).

As the pump will currently not turn off, either there’s fault (after all, if the pump is original it is now 17 years old) or you’ll need to further adjust its pressure-switch.

There is generic guidance relating to SHURflo pumps here

http://www.holdsworth.vwt4camper.info/SHURfloWaterPumpInstallationAndOperationManualT4WM.pdf

(See “Switch Shut-Off” section.)

To update and thank Dereck, he is always ready with help and advice, I tried adjusting the pressure valve cured the problem, I turned the valve right down and increased it gradually,it was anew pump last year, so all good now.

Archived