TP-LINK M5350 - any users?

Solomongrundy

I used a TP LINK 3750 4G in France a couple of years ago.

I found that it was not easy to get a French Sim card. Only EE would sell me one and I had to wait about 45 minutes in the shop until an English speaking assistant was available. I still had some problems connecting to my laptop so I tried the English TP LINK Helpline. That was to a girl with a bad cold in Hong Kong...presumably at about 4 am her time. Her advice wasn't that useful. Anyhow it worked from time to time.

Going into Spain I bought another SIM card....this time quite quickly... and I remember it was OK. However returning to France the French SIM card didn't work.

Perhaps it's my lack of French and my failure to understand these new technologies (I used to write instructions for nuclear power stations) that is the problem.

So last year I bought a SMART phone which does have limitations abroad but is simpler to use.

Many thanks for the useful replies.

The link downloaded okay and will prove very helpful.

We have upgraded our free CamperContact on the Ipad to a paid yearly version and now we don't need the internet access the free version required.

But we will still need some internet access while in France and your link will help.

I've ordered the free Data Reward SIM offer and hope it arrives soon.

Again, thanks.

Archived