Solar panel regulator

Jrr

Hi all.ive got a100w. Solar panel ,2110amp agm. Batteries a fox d1 display panel and alm series intelligent pv controller.with very little sun at this time of year the display is reading 14.9 to 15.00v which I think is high opinions please.thanks

I would not assume things are wrong as this time of the year that will be associated with very low currents and modern batteries could well have a brief 15 odd volts charging phase, that will back off once later into charging.

Can you not download the charging specification from the charge controller manufacturer to check its behaviour?

If that is also the actual voltage at the batteries I would suggest it is a bit high.

Depends on your AGM's but most are very intolerant of anything more than 14.7v, even at low current?

Can I suggest you isolate one or both batteries for a week or more and then check the voltages to see if there is a possible issue in the AGM's?

Maybe you could swap in the Starter battery as a temporary replacement, just for a few seconds, and see how the Solar Regulator reacts to that known good battery?

Archived