severn bore

henry

:$ :$ :$ Hi folks

i think I have posted a bit about this in another place, if not bear with me,

we want to go to see the Severn Bore in the spring, we need a site any will do, near to Newnham or Severn Bore Inn ( is that likely/) Minsrerworth Church Stonebench, bet someone out there knows the answer, is this not wot the forum is about?

Luv the thread on Aires!

Regards Henry

Henry,

Try the C&CC site at Slimbridge, then take in the WWT centre as well.

Just out of interest anyone that happens to be in France, visit the Gironde near where it joins the Dordoigne you can see the bore there daily its called the Masquerade. Better than any of the Severn bore@s I have seen.

David

THERE IS A CC C/L Farm site just out side Gloucester on the A 40 at Over next door to the old Dog Pub details are

Mrs S Keene

Over Farm

Over

Gloucester

GL2 8DB

Telephone - (01452) 414975

Email - rob.keene@btinternet.com

GPS co-ordinates

Latitude: 51.873685066886502, Longitude: -2.2732997588615702

There's the Telford Bridge just down the road under half a mile from the site that the locals use to watch the bore or the Severn Bore Inn is about six miles down the road

If you want any more info contact me OK Happy new year to all .

Regards Mike

Hi Henry,

Find Bordeaux on your french map slightly east and a fraction north is Libourne its on a horseshoe bend of the Dordogne, any where from Libourne down river towards the Gironde will do there are several places you can stop and see it. If you go to Vayres and see it there then shoot back to Libourne you can overtake it and see it again from the car park by the river, but be prepared to get wet feet.

Good luck

David.

Archived