fitting solar panel to 2005 burstner I685

trampers

I have recently purchased a 2005 Burstner I685 from a dealer and the dealer is currently preparing the vehicle.

I have purchased a 160watt solar panel alongwith a votronic MPP165 12V Dual Regulator to charge the leisure and engine starter battery. I have also purchased the Votronic 1250 Solar Computer/Monitor.

My question is "Does this model/year of Burstner have a component in the12v electrical system where I can connect the output cables from the Votronic regulator to charge the leisure and starter batteries or do I need to connect the output cables from the votronic regulator separately direct to the leisure and starter batteries.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I expect your new van has the Electroblock system on board. If so, you would have been better off buying the Schaudt LR1218 solar regulator. The kit that comes with it enables your engine battery to also be charged by solar.

AandNCaravans will be along shortly to give you better advice on this as there will possibly be a workaround with what you have bought.

747, Sorry to be so late dropping in, been on holiday!!!

Took the van back to storage this morning to see one Caravan on it's roof and another two that looked like they were mating.

Glad our van was not there when Storm Doris strolled through yesterday.

Really regret not taking photos, might find an excuse to go back tomorrow?

I have updated the other post relevant to this subject.

I have also tried adding a wiring diagram here, but it's too big.

Trampers, If you email me I will supply wiring details/diagram for you, as a one off only, I can't do this for every enquiry I get, now running into hundreds a week.

I will work on creating a sub 100kb EBL 99 diagram I can add here at a later date.

Does anybody have the remains of a LR1218 cable set to sell after installing a Schaudt regulator to an EBL 100/101/220 etc where the EBL 99 cable harness was not used. It might make life a lot easier for Trampers should he wish to consider buying it?

Archived