High level side lights on a Transit 59 plate Sunlight

Sunlight 59

Hi, I have lost the supply to the high level side lights during a bulb change but I can't find any fuse blown. I have checked the 2 vehicle fuse boxes and the power pack set of fuse's but they are ok. Is there a set of fuse's hiding somewhere not mentioned in the manual? This is my first post so sorry if I am not doing it right

Stan

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Stan.

This link is to Page 119 of a 2009 Transit Owners Manual and refers to fuses in the “Passenger Junction Box”

https://manuals.co/workshop/ford/transit/2009-ford-transit-owners-manual/3464/121

If you’ve lost power to all the high-level marker lights, I’m guessing that Fuse 79 (Number plate lamp, side markers) may have blown. If you’ve lost power to the high-level marker lights on just one side, check Fuses 75 and 76.

Logically, one might expect Sunlight to have 'piggy-backed’ on to either the side-lamp circuits or on to the number-plate lamp/side markers circuit, but who knows?

If all the motorhome’s lights prove to be working properly, Sunlight may have stuck a supplementary fuse-box in somewhere.

...the contemporaneous Ford (BEMM) conversion manual contains the words:

All Chassis Cab vehicles are fitted with front

marker lamps on the cab roof as standard, less

roof marker lamps they are optional. Where

additional side marker lamps and rear outline

marker lamps are required to comply with local

regulations, access to the appropriate signals

may be obtained from the licence plate lamps.

A special jumper link is available for this purpose

from the local Ford dealer.

The maximum permissible load with the standard

system is:

NOTE: For various vehicles Cat 6 repeater lamps

must be fitted. See legislation for full details.

• 6 x 5W – side marker

• 2 x 5W – end outline marker

• 2 x 5W – Cat 6

• 2 x 4W – roof marker

There is, of course, no guarantee that this recommended approach has been followed, but if it has, then the front markers may well have been repositioned to the overcab and fused as standard (I suspect with the parking/sidelights), and rear and side markers via the number plate light fuse.

The relevant fuses are as in Derek's post.

On-line photos of 2009 Transit-based Sunlight models suggest that a single ‘double-sided’ red/white high-level marker light (example attached) is fitted on each side very close to the vehicle’s rear wall.

My motorhome has similar red/white high-level marker lights, but Rapido has mounted them at the cab-end rather than at the rear.

marker.jpg.d2f7ce065622f3871972114b6170dc15.jpg

...your reference to online manuals implies you may not have an owners manual.

If not, you can download from:

http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/Owners-Manual

Selection by VIN number would be the most accurate way to get the correct manual, but this may not work for Continental conversions.

If it doesn't, choose your year and "Transit 2006" as the model.

Robinhood

I tried that several times initially, but got an error message on the lines of “No documents available”. Now (of course) the procedure works fine!!

I notice that the location of the fuse/relay boxes on Transit Mk 7s was covered in a long 2009 Ford Transit forum thread, with instructions on where to find the boxes and photos showing what they look like.

http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49206

Archived