Bessacarr side markers and radio issue

jetsets

Hi all, got a Bessacarr e765p, 4 berth, 2010 on fiat 3 litre. Just been motd and tester noticed that side markers didn't work even though llights were on, not an mot fail! So no big prob. Also noticed that dash radio wouldn't come on. When I picked it up, I switched on the Sargent charger, control box under the lounge seat. ( silly place!), and markers and radio now work. ??. Seems odd to me.

I haven't driven with the box off before, is this normal behaviour for the system do you think, Any ideas anyone?. It looks like they are driven by the hab electrics rather than the van side?

...from the wiring diagram downloadable here,

https://sargentltd.co.uk/tech-support/article/25/download/276

it would appear that a subset of the marker lights (the one's you reference, I think) are powered from the Sargent side of the electrics, and not the Fiat side.

The radio will need a bit more perusal, (there is certainly a connection shown from the Sargent unit) but it isn't unusual to have it wired to the habitation side (or maybe, if pre-owned, a mod has been done) to protect the vehicle battery from over-draining.

Archived