Precious free days...but where to go?

cruiser

Hi Team!

We're heading to the UK in April for the annual 'Visit-the-Offspring-and-Their-Offspring' trip.

So many Smallies in various locations, so the fortnight has been duly divided between them all.....but this time we've managed to set aside two nights to ourselves (ssshhh....)

The free time will start when we leave the Bristol area, and end when we arrive in LLanelli.

Any suggestions for a two-night stopover between those two points? Somewhere scenic and peaceful, possibly close to an interesting POI?

We don't mind diverting slightly, as long as we don't lose too much time driving when we should be de-traumatising lol.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Hi Cruiser,

The choices are endless. You've got Bristol and stay in Baltic Wharf, Bath and stay in Chew Valley, Warmister and stay at Longleat, (over the bridge) Newport and stay in Tredegar House Country Park, Abergavenny and stay in Pandy CC Site, Brecon and stay at Brecon Beacon, Swansea (my home town) and stay at Gowerton, Llanelli and stay at Pembrey Country Park. All these sites are Caravan and Motorhome Club sites and some you have to be a member to stay on them.

Good luck and enjoy your stay.

We may come in the opposite direction later in the year so could be asking a similar question :-D

Many thanks, we'll do some research this weekend, discuss the options calmly and democratically, then my wife will decide where we'll go.

PS: While I have your attention...... I've just renewed my ADAC membership, but to be honest, I've never been 100% sure which number to ring if I need assistance in a) the UK or b) France?

The English translation PDF mentions a list of numbers 'in the back of the handbook' but they don't show on the PDF. I always planned to ring the German number if I needed assistance, but I read somewhere that I should call the relevant country's own breakdown service?

Advice appreciated.. ...

Archived