RE: Motorhome sat nav

tonyg3nwl

Hi folks, a few weeks ago, I bought a Gamin Camper 6in version to replace the Snooper ventura lite

I have attempted to add some of my own poi files starting from csv formatted lists. This has been a challenge as the Garmin poi loader and Windows ten seem to be deliberately confused as to where the source files are stored on my machine, but eventually I have succeeded in adding Scotland National Trust,

England National Trust, some britstops, , and it already has some motorhome stopover sites .

CSV files are available for members from both the Caravan Club, (now CMC), and from Caravan and Camping Club sites for members both for their main sites as well as their cl equivalents. I have added both to the device.

The device has an option to search for the nearest site I the appropriate category, depending on your current location,or you can give it a location in a different area to ask for a search..ideal for forward planning for "tomorrow ".

My tablet has been loaded with similar information, in the form of the relevant apps, and has been loaded also with Copilot, and the csv files have been added to that as well.

We are now well equipped to find sites for our proposed visit north later in the year, and hope that we dont get lost.

Garmin can accept postcodes, but I am not sure how ta add a series of them hence the conversion to csv format for loading a big list.

Parkingfornight app has just been added to the tablet, but I have no experience of this to date, but it seems another potentially useful addition.

Tonyg3nwl

Archived