Aguri Sat Nav

ColinM50

Just ordered a new M/H and disappointingly it doesn't come with a built in Satnav unlike our Swift Lifestyle. So looking to buy a stand alone Satnav and rather than rely on the standard Garmin/Tomtom have looked at the Aguri. Seem to have a few added bells and whistles and am wondering if anyone's got one and would like to pass on their experience please.

Many thanks

Hi, I have an Aguri Sat Nav with the built in Dashcam.

To be honest I don't find it that good as the last time I used it in Exeter it took me off the main road into a housing estate and if I'd kept on the road I was on I would have arrived at my destination a lot sooner. This takes away any confidence which you need in a sat nav.

We have a built in sat nav but it doesn't know if I'm driving a Smart Car or a 7.5 meter Motorhome. The beauty of a built in one is that the radio goes off when an instruction is given whereas with a remote one the radio is on and you could miss an instruction.

Good luck.

Hi Colin

I to am looking for a new satnav, I saw the ad for the aguri, read the aguri website and decided to purchase the 7" Motorhome model.

Delivery was next day super quick no complaints at all but have to say very disappointed ,

The actual unit is a tablet you have to view straight on to get a full view and to my mind not a great quality I have returned the unit and received a full refund,

I am going to purchase another 7" truck satnav from navtruck on eBay,

I have used one of these for the last 6 years and found it brilliant when you get to understand the way it works,

The mapping is igo prime and has been faultless in over 40,000 miles £76 works for me.

Bikey

ColinM50 - 2017-03-05 6:04 PM

Just ordered a new M/H and disappointingly it doesn't come with a built in Satnav unlike our Swift Lifestyle. So looking to buy a stand alone Satnav and rather than rely on the standard Garmin/Tomtom have looked at the Aguri. Seem to have a few added bells and whistles and am wondering if anyone's got one and would like to pass on their experience please.

Many thanks

Me, I consider not having an integrated in-dashboard sat-nav unit in a Boxer/Ducato/Relay as a plus-point rather than a negative.

I notice that Aldi is currently offering a Garmin Nuvi 58 LMT device for £89.99.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/garmin-nuvi-58-lmt-sat-nav/p/074171106239500

This won’t have the vehicle-dimensions features or the preloaded campsite POIs of a dedicated ‘camper/truck’ model (and the screen is 5” size) but, being a Garmin, it’s functionality and reliability should be pretty good and updating (in my experience of Garmin sat-navs) works OK.

If you are buying a really large motorhome the extra features of a camper/truck sat-nav may be useful, but the differences in motorhome width (and it’s width that counts) is IMHO generally not enough to matter where sat-nav routing is concerned. If a motorhome is 2.20m wide or 2.40m wide, the sat-nav’s ‘logic’ won’t be sufficiently subtle to discriminate between roads wide enough for the former but too narrow for the latter. With my motorhomes I’ve ended up in farmyards or squeezing through gaps with centimetres to spare, and when this has happened it wouldn’t have mattered if I had an ‘ordinary’ or a ‘camper/truck’ sat-nav.

Archived