Hull to Zeebrugge

qwark

The types of ticket are listed here

http://www.poferries.com/en/hull-zeebrugge/travelling-with-us/ticket-types

As Robinhood has said, tickets other than the “SAVER” type include 30 minutes of free WiFi.

There is the option when booking to specify “90 MINUTES WIFI” on the Outbound and/or Return crossing at “From £3.0 Per Device”. The choices range from 0 to 2, so the cost ranges from £0 to a maximum of £12 (2 x £3 on both the Outbound and Return leg).

This seems to suggest that - when opting for a WiFi ‘upgrade’ at the booking stage - the longest per-crossing upgrade duration one can have (per device) is 180 minutes, but I believe it’s also possible to buy WiFi vouchers from the onboard Reception.

On the other aspect of travel for us up north. Is there any benefit of going to Zeebrugge instead of Calais for us that like France. I realise that the journey will be longer and dearer but for an idea how long does it take to travel from Zeebrugge to Calais compared to driving from Hull to Dover. It's just its becoming so much congested around the M25 and other motorway repairs.

I travel from Fife to Zeebrugge most years. A 15hr journey from Dover to home several years ago finally did for me as far as travelling via the tunnel or channel ferry. I find the time taken to get to the French border varies because of traffic, etc, but I can usually be south of Lille and on to the A1 south within 90mins of clearing Belgian passport control/customs.

I tend to book crossing via Caravan Club which has always been the cheapest for me (even when taking the membership fee into account).

For us the overall experience is much more civilised than travelling via the channel. The Journey to Hull takes us about 5hrs. Ferry leaves Hull at about 18.00 and arrives Zeebrugge around 08:30. Usually arrive refreshed and raring to go after a good sleep and meal on board.

Peter

Archived