Transit air suspension

Sunlight 59

I think "Yeti" might be referring to the ease with which door locks can be picked and the M/H stolen. This applies not only to Transits but many other makes as well. A secondary method of door locking and a good alarm/immobiliser is a very worthwhile investment.

On to your question, Rubena are a large international company based in the Czech Republic, Dunlop are, well Dunlop!

I have looked at both systems carefully and I cannot see any real difference between them. The Rubena sytem is cheaper and is the one I will fit myself in the summer (2.2 FWD Transit).

H

PS mine would be fitted by now with a Dunlop system if I hadn't been messed about by a so called installer. So I will do my own fitting using a Rubena system.

PPS I have just had a look on Ebay for the Rubena system, it looks like the kit for the FWD 2.2 has disappeared!

Derek Uzzell - 2017-03-14 2:17 PM

Suggest you try contacting this company

http://air-suspension.co.uk/

They offer a kit for "Ford transit 2000-2010 single rear wheel” but you’d need to confirm what that means exactly, as your Hymer’s underpinnings are essentially those used on a Transit panel-van.

Well found Derek! Not a bad price either £336. I will buy a kit before the price goes up post Brexit article 50.

H

Archived