crit air thingy

tazdog6007

not being all that clever with photo attach forms i have tried six times to do the form the log book being the main issue.is there an idiots way of getting one of these stickers,even by mail,do not intend to be in cities on way and back from spain but would still like one as this environment thing will probably go to smaller towns. 8-)

It is practicable to obtain a ‘sticker’ by post, but (as it says on the following link) ONLY for vehicles that are registered in France.

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/docs/CQA_Formulaire_demande_courrier.pdf

Applying for a sticker for a ‘foreign-registered’ vehicle needs to be done using the on-line system.

Perhaps a forum-member that has successfully applied for and received a sticker can PM you and be prepared to talk you through the procedure and identify the areas you are having trouble with.

Me, I don’t intend to take a vehicle anywhere near the cities that require a sticker, and I believe the French scheme is unlikely to spread rapidly to places that currently do not have a pollution problem. If the French anti-pollution scheme does eventually expand, there’s a fair possibility that it will evolve and that the current stickers will no longer be valid.

The web site system is reasonably straight forward but I work in IT so I am used to it maybe.

The difficult part was getting the scan of the V5 document down to the correct size.

I did I by sending it to myself as an email and at that point the software asked me to reduce the size of the file.

Need any more help PM me.

Andy

tazdog6007 - 2017-03-14 5:04 PM

not being all that clever with photo attach forms i have tried six times to do the form the log book being the main issue.is there an idiots way of getting one of these stickers,even by mail,do not intend to be in cities on way and back from spain but would still like one as this environment thing will probably go to smaller towns. 8-)

My understanding, from the C&MC is that only Paris, Lyon and Grenoble are the cities requiring a "crit air thingy" So as Derek says if you're not going anywhere near these cities you don't need a sticker. If you can try and not worry unnecessarily about this stuff, I suggest you try and relax and wait until the dust settles and things become a little clearer. Don't worry be happy. Simples

Archived