Satellite set up

Pete-B

Hi, I've ordered a Satgear tripod and 65cm dish for the van and when I placed the order there Daren said if you've got a Avtex DRS tele you won't need to purchase out easyfind reciever as these tele's do the same job (which was good of him). As anyone tried using this system and if so how did they find it?

Tanks for any help.

I'm not familiar with the equipment you've ordered or the TV you own.

However, most people seem to find it useful to have a "satfinder" temporarily attached to the dish when trying to locate the satellite.

It's probably true that the TV should have a menu whereby you can access the satellite signal quality and strength, assuming it has a built in satellite decoder.

If you do use a satfinder you need to remove it once the satellite has been found. The procedure is to switch off the TV, remove the satfinder, insert a flylead and then switch the TV back on again. If you don't do this, you may damage the decoder.

Best of luck.

I have had a easyfind lnb since 2009 and it has worked perfectly across most of Europe.

The easyfind LNB has a small led light on it so that when you are getting close to the satellite signal it changes colour from red to amber to green. With the lnb attached to your dish you just stand behind the tripod and move the dish slowly. You will however need a receiver that has the easyfind software.

HTH

Archived