Camping Car Parks

BKen1

Here is an update on Camping Car Parks Co.I´ve just received via email for those who may be interested. They are going from strength to strength and are open all year round and reasonably priced IMO.

http://r.mailing.campingcarpark.com/hitumogt5udvl.html?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=CAMPINGCAR_PARK_vous_explique_tout_sur_son_fonctionnement&utm_medium=email

Brian K

They are commercially run aires with a card entry system costing from €8 to €13 a night. Servicepoint on site and a machine to load up your card with euros. Its a bit of a rigmarole getting the card on the first visit but easy thereafter. You can phone them and they are very helpful.

The aires are on gravel, or tarmac and many have 2A hookup for all or most pitches. Quite good spacing, not door to door. Max stay 21 days, stayz over 2 or 3 days must be booked which incurs a €20 one-off upgrade to a higher membershjl level.

We just spent two 19 day spells on the skiing ccp in Valloire. I have a good opinion of them even though we aren't used to paying much, if anything, for aires

david lloyd - 2017-03-16 8:19 PM

Brian, thank you for the link. I think something is lost a bit in translation so would be grateful for a potted rundown on the organisation, how it operates, what costs etc.

David

Kevina described it well ....there is more info on this thread ....

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/CAMPING-CAR-PARK/43977/

Brian K

kevina - 2017-03-16 7:53 PM

The aires are on gravel, or tarmac.

Some are old municipals too and are grassland or wooded areas without marked pitches.

kevina - 2017-03-16 7:53 PM

stays over 2 or 3 days must be booked which incurs a €20 one-off upgrade to a higher membership level.

So I wonder what happens if you just turn up, enter and stay for > 2 or 3 days? Does the barrier not let you out until you've upgraded your membership perhaps? Have stayed 2 days but not tried any longer.

They can't stop you overstaying, we unintentionally did by 16 days on our first visit! It is so they can preserve places for bookings during busy periods, the barrier will not open for a card holder if any available spaces are prebooked by others who are yet to arrive. When you book you get 6 figure code which you input at the barrier instead of using your card for entry.

Valloire was full for the peak 2 weeks of French half term but not once did an extra van get in so the system works well. Several vans a day were failing to get an ad hoc entry even when spaces were temporarily available.

Steve928 - 2017-03-17 10:55 AM

Interesting, thanks.

Presumably there's also the case where you could be staying ad-hoc on a pitch, decide to stay longer without booking, but then a pre-booked van turns up and turfs you off.

If you decide to stay longer you need to go to back to the machine and book an extra night. It will know if there is any unbooked spaces. If there aren't you'd have to leave.

kevina - 2017-03-16 8:53 PM

The aires are on gravel, or tarmac and many have 2A hookup for all or most pitches. Quite good spacing, not door to door. Max stay 21 days, stayz over 2 or 3 days must be booked which incurs a €20 one-off upgrade to a higher membershjl level.

I think looking at the web site you only have to have the 20€ "Pass Etapes Gold" card if you wish to pre book ..if you are there and stay longer then you just continue with the normal card.. Quote from there web site here.

"This form is a pre-booking. You will be contacted by CAMPING-CAR PARK in the coming days to confirm the reservation. You have to possess a Pass'Etapes Gold in order to make a booking. The final reservation will be effective once the payment of the stay is received.

You can book a stay for 2 days minimum, either on the Internet or by phone, at least 72 hours before your arrival date."

There where no pitch numbers allocated on our site "free pitching"

The computorised booking system at the gate can tell how many are on site and I suspect with the comings and goings in the 72 /48hrs of your pre booked day they would reserve a space (not allocate) and the gate screen would show "Full" to any one with a normal card and no booking trying to enter. or they would assume there is a space if not very busy.

david lloyd - 2017-03-16 7:19 PM

Brian, thank you for the link. I think something is lost a bit in translation so would be grateful for a potted rundown on the organisation, how it operates, what costs etc.

David

There is an English-language version of the Camping-Car Park website

http://www.camping-car-park.com/en

I’m not sure it will be more informative, but it is more structured.

This listing provides information about each installation

http://www.camping-car-park.com/sites/default/files/brochures/Web%20-%20Liste%20des%20aires%20-%202017_1.pdf

showing how many pitches each site has and the number of 230V connections (and their Amperage).

I have a Camping-Car Park on-line ‘account’, so I can login into their website. I did ask in the past whether it was possible to obtain the access card in advance (to avoid messing about with the registration procedure at the initial visit) and I THINK I was told that this could be done. However, as I wasn’t sure if I’d ever use a C-CP site, I never followed it up.

derek500 - 2017-03-17 11:43 AM

Interesting, thanks.

Presumably there's also the case where you could be staying ad-hoc on a pitch, decide to stay longer without booking, but then a pre-booked van turns up and turfs you off.

If you decide to stay longer you need to go to back to the machine and book an extra night. It will know if there is any unbooked spaces. If there aren't you'd have to leave.

Indeed that would work if you pay each day but not if, like I do, you only visit the machine once to pay just before you leave.

Steve928 - 2017-03-17 2:38 PM

derek500 - 2017-03-17 11:43 AM

Interesting, thanks.

Indeed that would work if you pay each day but not if, like I do, you only visit the machine once to pay just before you leave.

If you stay longer than you payed for on entry ,the machine just calculates the unpaid 24Hr periods and charges accordingly when you exit As Steve says you only need to visit the machine to pay when you leave not every day .

Brian K

Archived