dometic roof/sunroof window

silverback

hi all, the dometic roof/sunroof window at the front has a winding handle that is abit loose, it wobbles up and down as if a spacer is missing, the cog is engaging but i wondered if anyone knew of a way to get into the mechanism with out taking the surround off? thanks

Jonathan

silverback - 2017-03-16 5:21 PM

hi all, the dometic roof/sunroof window at the front has a winding handle that is abit loose, it wobbles up and down as if a spacer is missing, the cog is engaging but i wondered if anyone knew of a way to get into the mechanism with out taking the surround off? thanks

Jonathan

How old is your van? There's been a lot of trouble with these opening sunroofs on Swift vans, mainly with wind noise but some with the gearing problems. On our Bessacarr ours has the winding handle and also a electric motor so you can use either. Swift did an update with a stiffening bar and also a new type rubber seal. I also had gearing problems so my dealer contacted Dometic who sent a techy out to our house where he stripped it all down, replaced the gear box, electric motor, and cured the wind noise and all on the warranty.

Hi Pete, the age of van is at the bottom of my post, 2012 autotrial mohawk, it is out of warrenty, and it is not broken, just wobbly, so i just wondered if the mechanism could be got at without stripping the surround off, cos the surround screws are covered with a cap which is attached to the screw somehow, wanted to mend it before it broke the gear teeth

Jonathan

silverback - 2017-03-16 5:42 PM

Hi Pete, the age of van is at the bottom of my post, 2012 autotrial mohawk, it is out of warrenty, and it is not broken, just wobbly, so i just wondered if the mechanism could be got at without stripping the surround off, cos the surround screws are covered with a cap which is attached to the screw somehow, wanted to mend it before it broke the gear teeth

Jonathan

Sorry Johnathan, I missed the bit at the bottom with the vans age on.

If you Google Dometic UK and click on support you are able to send them a message you could then explain the problem and I'm sure, because of all the problems they've had with these skylights, they would help you out. There may even be a phone number there somewhere.

Hope you get the problem solved.

Archived