Blank 12v outlet on dashboard (SEVEL)

HymerVan

Just taken delivery of my beautiful new Euro 6 Fifer M :-D

On the left of the dashboard there is the usual 12v power outlet and next to that a blanked off one. In my previous Citroen Relay there were two outlets. I am guessing that the blanked of outlet could be made into a cigarette lighter or another outlet by adding a suitable "end" to it. It is already wired although I haven't checked if power is being fed to the connections. You cant easily remove/prise off the cap.

I will try to speak to a Citroen parts-man as well but wondered if anyone had come across this.

It has come up before. This 2011 thread refers

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Fiat-Ducato-dash-socket-blank-/22174/

The handbook for my 2015 Fiat Ducato seems to suggest that a cigarette-lighter socket is standard, with the 12V power-socket being “for versions/markets, where provided”. I would have thought that the opposite would be more likely nowadays (ie. what your Relay has) but my Ducato has both sockets.

Parts identified by helpful local Citroen Parts Department and ordered at vast expense !!

These comprise (assuming they are correct )

"Power lead to Accessories" 8227 A1

Accessories Socket Cover 16 227 197 80

I have also ordered an Ashtray 16 072 018 to replace the open cup supplied (not because we smoke but because the closed holder is more use.

Thanks again Derek

Archived