Dethleffs Advantage I6651

coot

Hi

We have a 2009 Advantage and would certainly consider another one if we were replacing it. Only problems we have had are a Leak under the kitchen tap and the dreaded Diesel Fuel Filter leak that has affected a few.. The former was probably my fault as I may not have totally drained for the winter and the latter means i always carry a spare Filter unit. I don't know if they have changed the c""p filter units on the newer Fiats.

As with many of the current makes of MH of this size we do keep an eye on what we take with us as it is easy to go over weight. We only tend to travel with limited water to cover basic needs like the loo and make sure our waste water is kept as low as possible.

One final thing is that the gas bottle locker bottom edge on ours is very low so keep an eye out for kerbs.

I am sure you will be happy with your new purchase and as I said we would definitely consider buying another if we needed to replace it.

Doug

DJA - 2017-03-18 10:58 AM

...I don't know if they have changed the c""p filter units on the newer Fiats...

Yes they have.

Photos of the old-type plastic-body fuel-filter and the later metal canister-type filter are attached and the following links are to on-line adverts for each type:

https://coastalmotorhomes.co.uk/engine/fuel-system-engine-managment/fiat-ducato-peugeot-boxer-citroen-relay-fuel-filter-housing-2-3-3-0-complete.html

https://coastalmotorhomes.co.uk/fiat-ducato-peugeot-boxer-citroen-relay-250-oe-diesel-fuel-filter-77366565.html

plastic.jpg.41c1b59268a14f32c945cb4399ca409d.jpg

metal.jpg.5bcb66d334e2c34f254957b0305bee5e.jpg

From comments made by DJA it might be advisable for the OP to check the available payload by taking his new motorhome to a weighbridge and getting each axle individually weighed.

MH manufacturers quote the mass in running order (MIRO) but the allowable accuracy is ± 5%. This can make a significant impact on the available payload if the MIRO is quoted close to the +5% limit.

By getting the axles weighed, at least you then have some idea on the best loading configuration and how much fresh water you can travel with.

I agree with Robbo about getting definative weight figures so you know where you stand.

We have apart from my personal excess weight some additional items attached to our vehicle including a Tow Bar assembly and Satellite Dish which eat into the available spare load capacity . We generally avoid travelling with significant amounts of Fresh and Waste water as apart from the fuel needed to move them if both tanks are full it is 200+kg of the available payload gone. Thats a lot of wine!!!!!

It is possible if we want to to have our vehicle uprated without modification which could raise the available payload by 300+kg and currently would as a result reduce the road Tax liability.

Doug

Archived