Electrolux Fridge

rivierachris

My Electrolux RM4200 does not operate in 12v mode when driving my CI Riviera 5.7 (W reg). I've had this van for 15yrs & this is the first time I've had a prob with the 12v operation. I'm pretty sure it's the fuse. The Electrolux instructions state "the positive lead must be fitted with a fuse rated at max 16a" but it doesn't tell me where to find the fuse as I guess this will differ from manufacturer to manufacturer.

I know that the power comes from the van battery not the leisure battery & only when the engine is running & I assume that the fuse will be close to the power source & not the fridge.

Lifting the bonnet I'm faced with a daunting array of wires coming from the battery.

Can anyone tell me how to identify the fuse?

Thanks

Chris

This link is to a 2014 MHFun enquiry about an electrical problem with a 2005 CI Carioca (whereas yours is a 2000 Riviera).

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/ci-carioca-656-electrical-problems.87527/

However, there is a mention in the 4th posting of a fridge not operating on 12V and of a relevant fuse being beneath the driver’s seat.

A failed fuse is the prime suspect (and the first thing to check for) but, after 17 years, failure of the fridge’s 12V heating-element would be another possibility.

Archived