Muslims raise over £17,000 for Westminster victims

Bulletguy

A crowdfunding campaign started by a Muslim man who witnessed the Westminster attack has raised more than £17,000 in just a day for victims of the atrocity and their families.

The Muslims United for London page passed the £3,000 mark within an hour and currently at £23,923.

https://www.launchgood.com/project/muslims_united_for_london#/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-westminster-attack-muslims-raise-money-victims-crowdfunding-khalid-masood-isis-terror-a7647196.html

Bulletguy - 2017-03-24 6:48 PM

antony1969 - 2017-03-24 6:13 PM

Good on em ... Are they just purely Muslims that are donating ...

Anyone can donate...........including YOU.

https://www.launchgood.com/project/muslims_united_for_london#/

Right ... So your wild "Muslims raise" is not actually just Muslims then ??? ... Not belittling any givers but your headline grabbing title makes it out to be just Muslims ... Maybe a typo or sumat

antony1969 - 2017-03-24 7:03 PM

Right ... So your wild "Muslims raise" is not actually just Muslims then ??? ... Not belittling any givers but your headline grabbing title makes it out to be just Muslims ... Maybe a typo or sumat

Which just goes to show you only ever read headers.................not content.

Nothing new there then. *-)

Bulletguy - 2017-03-24 7:51 PM

Nice try but your get out attempt is just making you look more silly ... Maybe your headline might have been better saying "Muslim-Led fund" ... Easy isn't it ???

Sorry to rain on the parade of something good but there is a valid point here.  Once more it is the 'press' and you BG who is manipulating the truth. The appeal/crowd-funding call it what you will 'was' started by a Muslim man.....agreed and laudable it is too.  However as likely as the truth is Anthony has hit the nail on the head by saying it is not 'purely' Muslim funded.  It is open to all.... faiths, colour or creed....anyone who has access to the web site and the push of a button so like the 'press' your headline is sensationalising and misrepresenting the truth.

If you want to view something remotely close to journalistic 'truth' Al Jazeera is as good as any place to start.

antony1969 - 2017-03-24 8:00 PM

Nice try but your get out attempt is just making you look more silly ... Maybe your headline might have been better saying "Muslim-Led fund" ... Easy isn't it ???

FGS quit whining.....*-) .....i knew you were miffed just from your first post!!

Bulletguy - 2017-03-24 8:43 PM

FGS quit whining.....*-) .....i knew you were miffed just from your first post!!

Whining , miffed ??? ... Your mistaken again Bullet ... Just like your headline grabbing mistake

antony1969 - 2017-03-24 9:00 PM

Whining , miffed ??? ... Your mistaken again Bullet ... Just like your headline grabbing mistake.

No mistake.........you went straight in with a link to a right-wing, alt-right website well noted for peddling it's ugly inflammatory views. I was disgusted that you saw it as an opportunity to divert the thread posting that garbage.

Bulletguy - 2017-03-24 9:16 PM
antony1969 - 2017-03-24 7:03 PMRight ... So your wild "Muslims raise" is not actually just Muslims then ??? ... Not belittling any givers but your headline grabbing title makes it out to be just Muslims ... Maybe a typo or sumat
Which just goes to show you only ever read headers.................not content.Nothing new there then. *-)
Whining , miffed ??? ... Your mistaken again Bullet ... Just like your headline grabbing mistake.
No mistake.........you went straight in with a link to a right-wing, alt-right website well noted for peddling it's ugly inflammatory views. I was disgusted that you saw it as an opportunity to divert the thread posting that garbage.

Sorry BG but Anthony is right.  Your topic headline was as misleading as any tabloid or other rag that has an alternative agenda other than the truth.

The fund was 'started' by a Muslim but as has already been said is open to all....regardless of race, colour or creed.  Your headline is 100% misleading.....factually incorrect......wrong!!!  Get the point?

RogerC - 2017-03-24 9:31 PM

Sorry BG but Anthony is right. Your topic headline was as misleading as any tabloid or other rag that has an alternative agenda other than the truth.

The fund was 'started' by a Muslim but as has already been said is open to all....regardless of race, colour or creed. Your headline is 100% misleading.....factually incorrect......wrong!!! Get the point?

1st point; it was NOT "my headline".....if only Antony and you took the trouble to look at the link *-)

2nd point; what does the first paragraph in my post open with? *-)

"A crowdfunding campaign started by a Muslim man....".

The pair of you take board pedantry to a whole new level and.i don't know why the hell i bother posting any links because neither of you seem to read them. *-)

Bulletguy - 2017-03-24 11:18 PM
RogerC - 2017-03-24 9:31 PMSorry BG but Anthony is right. Your topic headline was as misleading as any tabloid or other rag that has an alternative agenda other than the truth.The fund was 'started' by a Muslim but as has already been said is open to all....regardless of race, colour or creed. Your headline is 100% misleading.....factually incorrect......wrong!!! Get the point?
1st point; it was NOT "my headline".....if only Antony and you took the trouble to look at the link *-) 2nd point; what does the first paragraph in my post open with? *-) "A crowdfunding campaign started by a Muslim man....". The pair of you take board pedantry to a whole new level and.i don't know why the hell i bother posting any links because neither of you seem to read them. *-)

Not your headline?  Then who started this topic with the title:
QUOTE.... Muslims raise over £17,000 for Westminster victims....UNQUOTE  
The operative word of intent there is 'MUSLIMS'.....and strangely the Author is stated as "Bulletguy".  Now unless someone has hacked your account I reckon that it was indeed you that hit those keys and posted the topic.

Never mind the link it is the headline....the headline you chose to post the topic under that we contend is misleading....intended to distort the truth......Call it pedantry if you will but the fact is the heading is to all appearances intended to mislead.

As for only reading the headers......'wrong', again although like certain newspapers yours is incorrect and misdirects the reader.  Newspapers doing it I can sort of understand as they need the headlines to sell papers.  You, on the other hand, appear to have used this one simply to try press a point in defence of Muslims and it has backfired.

Might I suggest that a more accurate or indeed truthful topic headline usually helps in conveying the message and content unless of course the intent is to misdirect or inflame the responses.

Bulletguy - 2017-03-24 9:16 PM

Utter rubbish ... Whats actually a shame here is you've hijacked a decent , kind act by a Muslim fella whose disgusted by another Muslims murderous act and you've tried to turn it into something else to suit your agenda ... So instead of talking about the good this fellas done we are discussing your lie ... Well done you

Guest pelmetman

Good on em ... Are they just purely Muslims that are donating ... Bet ya none of these are https://www.infowars.com/proof-muslims-celebrated-terror-attack-in-london/

But I thought Bullet said Islam was the religion of peace? :-| ..........Makes you wonder what percentage of the 1.6 billion are moderate muslims?........Probably not as many as BG would have us believe .........

Considering how many deaths these peace loving folk have been responsible for in the last few years *-) .....

I get the feeling this teacher isn't very moderate 8-) ..........

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/10/07/hate-preacher-who-called-for-gay-men-to-be-killed-teaching-in-the-uk/

But of course British Muslims wouldn't be that bigoted would they? :-S.......

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

Ooops >:-) .....

I must say that I read the headline of this Thread as indicating that this was an entirely muslim fund raising effort.  I was very sorry to learn when i read the body of the post that someone had posted in a seemingly misleading way. 

This sort of thing happens quite commonly these days but that's no excuse;  once you start reading it becomes clear that the author is being partisan and manipulative, so it does them no good at all in my eyes.

Good news about the fundraising of course and this is by no means the first time I've heard of an initiative by a muslim - or even of fundraising entirely by muslims for non-muslim benefit.  Just a pity someone tried to hijack and misrepresent this one for partisan reasons.

Shame on you Bulletguy, both for misrepresenting things and then for trying to justify your actions in the shameless way you did.

pelmetman - 2017-03-25 8:11 AM

Good on em ... Are they just purely Muslims that are donating ... Bet ya none of these are https://www.infowars.com/proof-muslims-celebrated-terror-attack-in-london/

But I thought Bullet said Islam was the religion of peace? :-| ..........Makes you wonder what percentage of the 1.6 billion are moderate muslims?........Probably not as many as BG would have us believe .........

Considering how many deaths these peace loving folk have been responsible for in the last few years *-) .....

I get the feeling this teacher isn't very moderate 8-) ..........

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/10/07/hate-preacher-who-called-for-gay-men-to-be-killed-teaching-in-the-uk/

But of course British Muslims wouldn't be that bigoted would they? :-S.......

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

Ooops >:-) .....

" On specific issues - families , sexuality , gender ,attitudes towards Jews and on questions on violence and terrorism British Muslim opinion is some distance away from the centre of gravity of everyone elses opinion " ... Trevor Phillips ex head of the Equality and Human Rights Commission says in your linked piece Dave ... In other words I think what he means is the views Muslims hold on those subjects the majority of decent folk would find repulsive ... Maybe he just misheard the answers they gave or sumat ???

Another issue Bullet refuses to accept is the massive over representation of Muslims in prison compared to the percentage of Muslims living here ... Given many are radicalised in our prisons isn't it time instead of leaving the blinkers on regarding Muslim criminality to actually confront it and try to find some answers to solving it or we end up with more of this weeks events ... http://news.sky.com/story/govt-told-to-tackle-worrying-rise-of-radicalisation-in-uk-jails-10813142

I really dont understand some of your reactions to this. You complain that Muslims dont stand up or condemn these kind of acts yet here we have a campaign set up by Muslims which is even called "Muslims United for London" and where all the headlines are stating "Muslims raise £26K" for Westminster Victims etc but all you can do is pull it apart because you think the OP title (same as all your rags) is misleading. You cant win.

Of course anyone can give on these funding pages but you whinge that Muslims dont speak out or do anything about it and here we have a campaign started by them and all you can do is pull the OP apart for reporting it.

As for "some" Muslims being Anti Gay and how shocked you are about it, dont make me laugh. I am sure I Could find you plenty of examples of nice White non Muslim low life "Queer Bashing" incidents if I could be bothered to look. I think it was and still is a national past time for many. EDIT: Yes I Can. https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=thugs+carrying+out+gay+bashing&*

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2017-03-25 9:40 AM

As for "some" Muslims being Anti Gay and how shocked you are about it, dont make me laugh. I am sure I Could find you plenty of examples of nice White non Muslim low life "Queer Bashing" incidents if I could be bothered to look. I think it was and still is a national past time for many. EDIT: Yes I Can. https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=thugs+carrying+out+gay+bashing&*

Oh I see 52% is now some? *-) ........although to some of us that's called a majority ;-)........

I really dont understand some of your reactions to this. You complain that Muslims dont stand up or condemn these kind of acts yet here we have a campaign set up by Muslims which is even called "Muslims United for London" and where all the headlines are stating "Muslims raise £26K" for Westminster Victims etc but all you can do is pull it apart because you think the OP title (same as all your rags) is misleading. You cant win.

Of course anyone can give on these funding pages but you whinge that Muslims dont speak out or do anything about it and here we have a campaign started by them and all you can do is pull the OP apart for reporting it.

52% asked hate gays and thats acceptable ??? ... Dear oh dear defending them knows no limits ... If I had said 52% of Trump supporters or UKIP voters hate gays I think your response would have been a little different , mine wouldn't I would have condemned it as disgraceful

I'm staggered by the insane pedantry over this. It seems it's the best the usual suspects can come up with in an desperate attempt to denigrate, but frankly you have gone beyond bloody ridiculous now. I thought i was 'communicating' with adults but it's more akin to wet nursing little children in a playgroup. *-)

From the original linked article i actually PASTED from the media article (please tell me you understand the meaning of copy/paste). However as the FULL HEADLINE was; London attack: Muslims raise more then £17,000 in 24 hours for victims of Westminster terror and families i felt that was a lengthy headline to use on the thread so edited it down......it shouldn't take much of an IQ to see that but obviously it does. *-)

Here is how other media headed with the same report;

London's Muslims raise £18,000 in one day for victims of terror attack (Telegraph)

Muslims raise over £12k for London attack victims in under 24 hours (RT)

London attack: Muslim group raises $25,000 for victims in 48 hours (CNN)

UNITED FOR LONDON Muslim group raises £3,000 in just one hour for victims of Westminster terror attack (The Sun)

Muslim project set up by a constituent visiting his MP in Westminster at time of attack raises £20,000 for victims in just ONE DAY (Daily Mail)

Muslims donate over £20,000 for victims of London terror attack (Metro)

Over £11,000 raised by Muslim community in hours for London terror attack victims (Birmingham Mail)

Westminster attack: Muslim group raises £20k for victims (The Scotsman)

The funding page i linked even has a damn video EXPLAINING how/why the fund was set up and who by but i doubt the peas in the pod have even looked at that, let alone listened.....pssst.....you just click the arrow button to start the clip.

Also EVERYBODY knows, or should do, crowd funding sites are open for ANYONE to donate.....they are a public site FGS!!

I'm just telling you how your choice of a title came across to me and how it affected my view of your integrity.

People who can only exaggerate and report selectively and can show no balance in their arguments destroy their credibility in my eyes.  It does not matter that some of the press may have done the same sort of thing, that doesn't make partisan posting any more acceptable to me at all.  It doesn't matter that you are not the only one who does it on here.

Bulletguy - 2017-03-25 12:42 PM

I'm staggered by the insane pedantry over this. It seems it's the best the usual suspects can come up with in an desperate attempt to denigrate, but frankly you have gone beyond bloody ridiculous now. I thought i was 'communicating' with adults but it's more akin to wet nursing little children in a playgroup. *-)

From the original linked article i actually PASTED from the media article (please tell me you understand the meaning of copy/paste). However as the FULL HEADLINE was; London attack: Muslims raise more then £17,000 in 24 hours for victims of Westminster terror and families i felt that was a lengthy headline to use on the thread so edited it down......it shouldn't take much of an IQ to see that but obviously it does. *-)

Here is how other media headed with the same report;

London's Muslims raise £18,000 in one day for victims of terror attack (Telegraph)

Muslims raise over £12k for London attack victims in under 24 hours (RT)

London attack: Muslim group raises $25,000 for victims in 48 hours (CNN)

UNITED FOR LONDON Muslim group raises £3,000 in just one hour for victims of Westminster terror attack (The Sun)

Muslim project set up by a constituent visiting his MP in Westminster at time of attack raises £20,000 for victims in just ONE DAY (Daily Mail)

Muslims donate over £20,000 for victims of London terror attack (Metro)

Over £11,000 raised by Muslim community in hours for London terror attack victims (Birmingham Mail)

Westminster attack: Muslim group raises £20k for victims (The Scotsman)

The funding page i linked even has a damn video EXPLAINING how/why the fund was set up and who by but i doubt the peas in the pod have even looked at that, let alone listened.....pssst.....you just click the arrow button to start the clip.

Also EVERYBODY knows, or should do, crowd funding sites are open for ANYONE to donate.....they are a public site FGS!!

You know what you were doing and so do most other folk that have posted other than your monkey ... The fund was set up by a lovely , caring Muslim fella which no one would question but your headline as you well know insinuates just Muslims have donated and that simply isn't the truth is it ??? ... Your slippery attempt to wriggle out of your embarrassing cock up is only prolonging the distraction from the good deed this Muslim fella did so do us all a favour go into your corner and be quiet for a bit

antony1969 - 2017-03-25 12:27 PM

52% asked hate gays and thats acceptable ??? ... Dear oh dear defending them knows no limits ... If I had said 52% of Trump supporters or UKIP voters hate gays I think your response would have been a little different , mine wouldn't I would have condemned it as disgraceful

More polls huh? They are accurate now then are they as it seems every time someone posts polls or statistics about say Bregret for example they are a load of made up rubbish.

You might be right though about Muslims being a bit anti gay but I wouldnt mind betting the same could probably be said about UKIP and Trump supporters as well now you mention it. Nigel Farage said it was ok for the older generation to be homophobic and one UKIP Candidate thinks "Poofters" Should be shot. Here is a link from Dave Pelmets favourite site :D with some other examples. http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/05/22/eight-of-the-most-homophobic-things-ukip-candidates-and-supporters-have-said/ I seem to remember someone on here having an Avatar about "Killing Batty Man as well at one point on another forum.

I think Muslims in general do need to wake up and move with the times over stuff like this but lets not pretend its just them.

Barryd999 - 2017-03-25 4:03 PM

antony1969 - 2017-03-25 12:27 PM

More polls huh? They are accurate now then are they as it seems every time someone posts polls or statistics about say Bregret for example they are a load of made up rubbish.

You might be right though about Muslims being a bit anti gay but I wouldnt mind betting the same could probably be said about UKIP and Trump supporters as well now you mention it. Nigel Farage said it was ok for the older generation to be homophobic and one UKIP Candidate thinks "Poofters" Should be shot. Here is a link from Dave Pelmets favourite site :D with some other examples. http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/05/22/eight-of-the-most-homophobic-things-ukip-candidates-and-supporters-have-said/ I seem to remember someone on here having an Avatar about "Killing Batty Man as well at one point on another forum.

I think Muslims in general do need to wake up and move with the times over stuff like this but lets not pretend its just them.

I seem to remember someone coming up with that saying and that avatar for someone on a certain other site too ... Who ever thought it up I found it quite funny

Archived