Water pressure issues

Cokie74

Hi All

I have a 2003 Hymer B644 with a Truma C hot water and heating system. When I turn on the taps it takes a while for the water to at the tap (and shower). Pressure is fine when water does flow. When I turn off the taps there is a hissing from the vent pipe in the rear wheel arch and then when the taps are turned on again it takes a while for the water to flow. The frost protection valve is shut and no water is leaking.

I have the water drained down for the winter but use the van all the time. I think it could be faulty non return valves on the inlet side and/or gunge build up? Does anyone have other ideas?

Thanks

Glenn

Thanks

Could it be a faulty frost protection valve as well?

I can't see any non return valves but if the van was inclined I could see that the water could drain back through the frost protection.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn

The non-return valve Robbo mentions will normally be attached to (or integrated into) the submersible water-pump that will be hanging from a water-hose inside your Hymer’s fresh-water tank. Not sure about the hissing noise, but the non-return valve is definitely the prime suspect.

If there’s no water leaking from beneath the vehicle, the anti-frost safety/drain valve should not be contributing to the problem.

The non-return valve is a known problem with the Hymer style water delivery system.

Suggest when you turn the tap off, you check if any water is trickling back into the tank. I don't know exactly where the non-return is located but assume it's on the outlet side of the submersible pump. I never had this problem with my Hymer, thankfully.

If there isn't any water leaking under the van then I can't see that the dump valve is at fault.

Edit - Derek overtook me in my reply :-D

Archived