Wing mirror armour

Tomo

I've stuck yellow reflective tape to the mirror housing after one mirror got trashed by an oncoming vehicle on a narrow country road.

Since then, I've had no problems. In fact, oncoming traffic seem to give me a wider berth on seeing my horizontal yellow reflective stripes. They are big bus style mirrors, so I look a bit like an approaching bumble-bee !!!

yes, we went for the original Mirror Guards version 2, and they certainly seems the best, having checked out few others at shows. Whilst they match the silver of the Motorhome, we have also stuck 'warning tape' vertically along the outside edge.

Beware the price though, as most dealers seem to make a hefty surcharge above buying direct, and I think you can often find them at basic prices at the Shows.

I have the Milenco mirtor protectors thankfully. I had a miror to mirror collision, the other vehicles mirror was destroyed but only the mirror protector on my van was damaged, cracked. The replacement guards, as you have to buy them in pairs, coat me about £57 which is much less than a replacement mirror. Anyone want to buy a left hand mirror protector.

Barcobird - 2017-03-27 9:17 PM

I presume mirror guards are only for door mirrors as fitted on standard chassis cab and not the coach type mirrors as fitted on A class Motorhomes?

Yes, only for standard van cab mirrors, as far as I'm aware.

• 2 weeks later...
The latest Mirror Guards which are fully 'lined' with foam protection are now so heavy it is possible, and it has happened, that if caught by an oncoming vehicle they can swing back so hard and smash the door window. Not good :'(

Archived