Holland at Easter ?

BBdevon

Holland at Easter ?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all, we have now changed our route and are taking the Dover to Calais Ferry and then stopping in Brugge before heading into Holland . We have not been to Holland so any advice on not what to miss would be helpful. Is The Zealand area worth a few days stop before heading up to the Amsterdam area after the Easter weekend ? Should we book sites ? It's just the 2 of us so don't need big, child friendly sites . We will of course be bringing bikes !

Thanks

Welcome to the forum

Holland has good cycle paths like our footpaths. They are countrywide passing through forests and nature reserves, a real treat but its a few years since we've peddled them. Cycle route maps were readily available so I assume their tourist offices would supply them if contacted.

We always stayed with friends so cannot advise on your other queries.

We are going over Easter booked a site for the first 3 nights near Kukenhoef, No places available over Easter weekend so will travel further afield away from the popular spots till after the Easter break. Plenty of Nature reserves, a very good one near Lelystad where you can see the Wild Horses.

Spent a couple of weeks in Holland last Sept.

My other half and i are also off to Netherlands for Easter travelling similar route but via channel tunnel. We've been before and stayed near Delft, (very nice), site was called Delft's Hout, and i believe CAMC Derbyshire are doing a holiday thing there same week. The Zealand area is well worth a visit, some nice beauty spots etc.

We are heading for a nice site just outside Leiden, half way between Amsterdam and The Hague for the convenience.When you eventually get to Amsterdam try to get on the finest brewery tour in the world....The Heineken experience ! You may or may not be interested in flowers but this time of year Holland is in full bloom with a very good experience gone had at the world famous Keukenhoff gardens. The Anne Frank museum is another must.

Have a great trip, stay safe, and enjoy.

Bon voyage.

Wirehaired - 2017-03-28 10:01 PM

http://www.campingdeduinpan.com/nl/ Stayed on this site last September on the coast,Noordwijk ann zee,very nice area and good for the bulb fields,not far from Leiden which is worth a visit

Just the mention of Noordwijk brings back memories of my very first visit abroad. Went there in 1951, as a teenager with a school trip. In those days Marken was an island, I believe it is not anymore, they have reclaimed the land. That was Easter time. They joy of being able to buy sweets with out coupons!!

They had floats covered in Flowers. A truly memorable site to see

Would be interested to hear how you all get on in Holland, hope the weather is good for you all

PJay

Indeed some memories stay with us for life,i have a soft spot for Noordwijk area,been visiting the place for thirty five years on and off,its changed a little since my first visit but not much,i have an interest in WW2 history been to many of the Dutch battle sites,in recent years they have exposed some of the massive German coastal Bunkers that were covered with huge sand hills to prevent people from going inside,they have made a museum in the Bunker complex,they were part of the Atlantic Wall,the engineering was quite something.

Been to the Rennese area a couple of times. Loads of site around there and the beaches are awesome.

Most of the big sites include a free bus pass in the price which is handy for getting to outlying areas. Zieriksee is a good town to visit and the beaches around Burgh Hampsteed are brilliant. If you go off season most are on the ACSI scheme.

Archived