New motorhome breakdown cover

sunbeam

If your new MH is FIAT based, that should come with a 2 or 3 year Pan euro breakdown cover. I understand this does include repatriation to UK if it breaks down over there...I asked this specifically of the FIAT van outlet here as my own insurance includes this, and on the change of the van in the next month ot so, I wasn't sure if I still needed it..

Cant speak for any other base vehicle manufacturer?

Yes, Fiat do have pan euro breakdown on new vehicles, however......

A club member took his new van to mainland Europe for the first time and brokedown in Paris with gearbox problems. It took 4 weeks to get it sorted and during that time they were living in a locked garage compound.

They wished they'd taken out breakdown insurance to allow them to seek alternative accommodation and also for the breakdown insurance to put pressure on Fiat and the garage to get the matter quickly resolved (in whatever language was most appropriate).

Thanks lads mine is the new transit as was my last one which never missed a beat in six years and ten visits to the continent but will get breakdown cover as yous say you never know and it gives you peace of mind thanks Edd

sunbeam - 2017-03-27 10:43 PM

Would any of you take out breakdown cover for a new motorhome for continental holidays. I took it out with red penant on my last motorhome even when it was new

why not use fiat camper assist cost nothing UK and EUROPEAN wide one phone number for all areas go to web site for info. i am assuming it is a FIAT. SORRY SHOULD HAVE READ FURTHER I NOW SEE ITS A TRANSIT just make sure you have good security be cause the number of transits been stolen is beyond beleif local business to me had 4 stolen in one night and they where 2-3 year old models in a secure compound. its not my intention to cause you concern only to make you aware to the current situations and be forewarned hope you many years of happy trouble free motoring and enjoy your new toy.

Archived