gas and electric combi hobs

john boy

john boy - 2017-04-01 1:00 PM

Hi, We have a elddis suntor 120 and would like to know if its possible to change a 3 burner gas hob to a 2 burner gas, 1 electric combie hob?

cheers John

Why? I would never buy a van with an electric hob because of my style of camping - partly offgrid.

It may be possible to convert one hob to electric to capitalise on free site electricity but the cost of conversion would probably outway any savings made.

Be happy with your current installation and spend money on refillable gas cylinders, unless you already have these. Alternatively, buy a Remoska or something similar which is a cooking device powered by EHU.

If you use ACSI the electric hob is handy to have. Our Elddis van was available with combi or gas hobs so I bet you could just swap the hob, I doubt you can convert a gas to electric ring as all the gas gubbins are underneath. Have a look for hob dimensions on the internet.

globebuster - 2017-04-01 3:08 PM

Why bother? - just buy a compact induction hob for 50quid?

Compact, easy to clean and use - not that it would interest me, we don't even have a grill in our van!

Ah, but you have to have suitable pans. We have 2 portable induction hobs and an induction hob on the cooker at home. Brilliant they are too. We don't use the electric hob on our Tracker as it takes too long to heat up.

Archived