Interior of motorhomes

Natali

Natali

Bit of a can of worms this, what I like is different to what you like and is different again to just about everyone else who posts here. You will need to decide what you think you like and then find an interior that fits that criteria.

Regards Dethleffs, whilst I have no knowledge of them I am in no doubt that they produce more than one design of layout and type of interior so again you need to be more specific in your requirements before anyone can make comment I would think, you may be able to gain some generalised answers regards build quality etc. from someone who knows them but no detail as to viability for you I would think.

Sorry to not be very helpful.

Bas

Hi Natali - how long is a piece of string!?

Surely it depends what you want form the interior design, loook for the priorities you think you need

- ie front/centre/rear lounge,

fixed bed, A-class bed or made up each night,

usable shower or just room for the loo and washbasin,

full kitchen facilities or basic ones as on many continental 'vans.

...that's just for starters!.

Then consider how big a motorhome you want, and this may depend on what your intentions are in the way you may wish to use it......long term, weekending, a couple of weeks holiday a year, or like us many periods away which can be from 1 week up to 8 or 9, at a time.

Also where you want to use it, and how well it is winterised, if that is important. Equally, perhaps even more importnt is check the quality of the built, and equipment, and how well it's all put together.

You mention Dethleffs - but which model?. We're currently looking at Burstner, which in many ways are similar, certainlyI would think in quality, but having looked at Dethleffs there was nothing in their current range which suited us.

Remember, everything is a compromise in motorhoming, and generally everything has to have at least a 'double use',...so you need to decide how much of a compromise you wish to accept.

Try looking around at as many dealers as you cen reasonable get to, also on manufacturers websites - sometime sadly lacking! - and get hold of catalogies of those you may be interested in to check the actual spec on offer.

Hope this helps...

Guest Frank Wilkinson
Natali - 2006-12-27 2:14 PM what can you say about interior of motorhomes. Maybe you can give me a link on articles about inner design of motorhomes. what do you think about dethleffs interior: advantages and disadvantages. Thank you

As a recent purchaser I think that there is only one way to buy a new motorhome and that is to go to one of the major shows where you can see all the different brands in one place.

After a lot of research online, my wife and I went to the NEC with the intention of buying one model but when we compared it with some others we ended up getting something completely different. The reason for this was in fact, the interior. Not just the layout but the overall ambience and feel. The one that we'd fancied on paper felt a little claustrophobic and then we happened upon the model that we have since bought and my wife immediately felt happy with it as it felt more airy and seemed to have more light.

You don't say where you are from but there a several shows around the country and if I were you I'd book a full day at the nearest one.

Natali

Have a look on this site and follow the links, it will give you the various layouts for each model and the upholstery options also.

http://www.dethleffs.co.uk/

Also Dethleffs some dealer specials for Lowdhams' at:-

http://www.lowdhamleisure.com/?t=Motorhomes

Although you would need to contact them as the info on new vans is a bit sp****.

Not sure which stage you are at in your search, but the majority of the manufacturers have models that are similar to all the others. So find which layout suits you best, then compare which manufacturer best suits your requirements.

The magazines on here this site will also help.

Flicka

I see sp**** is a censored word *-) lets try this sp@rse

Natali your post is way too 'non specific' there are many Dethleffs interiors, give us a clue as to which model you are considering.

We went to NEC to look at Dethleffs Globebus T1/I1 but found the fixed bed had very little headroom, so making it uncomfatble to sit up in bed, also as with many makes I think they make the beds too narrow, anything less than 4'6" isn't a double in my opinion, we decided the Adria Twin would suit us better.

Frank : After a lot of research on-line, my wife and I went to the NEC with the intention of buying one model but when we compared it with some others we ended up getting something completely different. The reason for this was in fact, the interior. Not just the layout but the overall ambiance and feel. The one that we'd fancied on paper felt a little claustrophobic and then we happened upon the model that we have since bought and my wife immediately felt happy with it as it felt more airy and seemed to have more light.

Andy could have written that, it is exactly what we did, we searched the web, looked around at local dealers and went to the NEC with a definite one in mind.

You need a list of the things that matter most to you, then look around and see what others have as there most important thing to them.

Then start searching, you will change your mind, probably many times , and we haven't had ours delivered yet so fingers crossed we made the right decision

Good luck and have fun.

Archived