SMC Newark, Wokingham Motorhomes, Cannock Resprays any experience?

Goneoff

During February whilst we were in Spain a Mercedes driving Spanish woman ran into the back of us at a roundabout, nothing life threatening just circa £4K worth of damage to our Rapido and a disproportionate amount of messing around; luckily after a good gaffer taping we were able to continue our break. Question is where do I get the motorhome repaired I have had quotes from Wokingham Motorhomes, SMC in Newark and Cannock Resprays. Do any of you guys have any experience of the standard of bodywork repairs from any of these garages; I obviously want a good job doing not a mediocre one. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Hi

I cannot speak for bodywork however I have purchased two motorhomers from SMC who completed all the subsequent servicing. I have been pleased with the service over the last 5 years.

I switched to SMC after Brownhills made a hash of warranty work and general service on several occasions

Not sure if that helps but it's a start.

Good luck with the repairs whoever you choose..

Peter

I had a minor bump, my fault and SMC repaired mine and did a superb job on insurance.

However, what speaks more is another incident with SMC .

I wanted a Fiamma door lock fitted, one of those that folds out and acts as an extra handle as Madam is not very mobile. It looked an awful job to me with the fridge needing to come out and SMC quoted me, I think around £300. However, when they had done the work I got a bill for about £90 and was told that it had been far easier to do than they had thought. Honestly like that deserves rewarding I think !

If you read the first message on a recent thread of mine about a cracked panel on my Chausson, the quote I had been given was SMC, my first (only) choice to do the repair but, as I was paying this time, I had to make the decision to do it myself.

Mick Bajcar

Mick Bajcar - 2017-04-05 7:42 AM

I had a minor bump, my fault and SMC repaired mine and did a superb job on insurance.

However, what speaks more is another incident with SMC .

I wanted a Fiamma door lock fitted, one of those that folds out and acts as an extra handle as Madam is not very mobile. It looked an awful job to me with the fridge needing to come out and SMC quoted me, I think around £300. However, when they had done the work I got a bill for about £90 and was told that it had been far easier to do than they had thought. Honestly like that deserves rewarding I think !

If you read the first message on a recent thread of mine about a cracked panel on my Chausson, the quote I had been given was SMC, my first (only) choice to do the repair but, as I was paying this time, I had to make the decision to do it myself.

Mick Bajcar

Thanks for your input; I'm going over to them with the motorhome today for them to give a more accurate quote. It's always good to hear from someone who has experience of there standard of work. Cheers

Cannock Resprays did a first class job for us after a white van man ran into the rear of our Auto Trail Tracker. They do work for all the insurance companies and always have lots of vans of all makes under repair. Ian the owner has been a motorhome bodywork repairer for many years with a great reputation in the business give him a call he will soon sort you out. He is even recommended by Practical Motorhome's Diamond Dave and not many can say that.

Archived