Cab door. Security

lizken

Go to a scrap yard, find a vehicle which has the same Seat Belt buckle as your vehicle. Cut the belt and buckle of the scrap vehicle making sure you have a long enough belt to reach from your vehicle cab door to the seat belt socket in your vehicle. Attach one end to your vehicle door and the other to the seat belt socket, of course making it short enough to not leave any play in the belt. Job done

PJay - 2017-04-04 11:17 PM

We have fitted dead locks to our cab doors, the key fits on the inside. Not sure of make, but will look it up to-morrow.

PJay

Go to heosolution.de/gb.

We bought ours from outdoor bits 2014 cost £156.99 including delivery charge.

Can only be opened from inside the van, so secure when you are in van at night, as well when empty.

They also do locks for sliding doors

Locks called heoSafe , ours are for the Ducato, but they do others as well. much better than putting a strap across the doors!

PJay

Can recommend heosafe locks they can be fitted in about 5 mins per door. Not cheap but will def. do the job.

Main problem with motorhomes generally is they have weak habitation door locks and hinges and lots of flimsy plastic windows. So you can only really make your vehicle less attractive a proposition to thieves.

Mag&Hal - 2017-04-05 11:22 AM

Can recommend heosafe locks they can be fitted in about 5 mins per door. Not cheap but will def. do the job.

Main problem with motorhomes generally is they have weak habitation door locks and hinges and lots of flimsy plastic windows. So you can only really make your vehicle less attractive a proposition to thieves.

have to agree with you there. But would need some form of cutting tool ? maybe to get through windows.

Nothing is impossible to get into these days, so just make it as safe as you can. We fitted the cab doors, as one night someone tried our door, while we in bed, lucky I work up and heard it On a campsite as well. we don't doo wild!! At least protect you self, the van is insured isn't it??

PJay

Extra locks, ratchet straps and alarms all deter of course but plastic windows are the weak spot as they tend to flex and bend very easily and the plastic turn locks used don't help. A window with two or three of these are so easy to open by inserting a medium size screw driver or gasket scraper between window and frame levering the window outwards, this will snap of the tag on the middle turn lock. Then this allows the bottom of the window to be pulled outwards further which in turn "bows" the window which has the effect of shortening the length of the window which disengages the two turn locks at each side of the window from the frame without breaking them or damaging the plastic window or frame :$ I might add I only know this as it has happened to me. I have considered bolting or screwing the windows to the frame but that would be expensive when they are broken by a thief levering the windows open. All this can be done quicker than you opening a window from the inside.

Archived