Remis roof window

baden87

Hi

Yes it's fairly easy

You need take off whole inner frame by pulling down from a corner or levering it off

This will give you easy access to remove your handle and then you need to just push the frame back up into the lugs when your finished

Do you have a problem with the winder itself or the roof lifting mechanism?

If you need to get at the gearbox because of a problem with the roof, there is a small circlip on the top that holds the winder shaft in. Remove the circlip and the hexagonal shaft will drop down with a little wobbling it about. A pair of long nosed pliers or, better still, curved long nosed pliers makes it pretty straightforward to put it back.

Mick Bajcar

I assume we are talking about the big 900 x 600 Remis rooflight (Vario 1 or Vario 2).

The handle incorporates a rachet device, so maybe that has broken. The breakage may have been caused by the winding mechanism becoming stiff and putting additional strain on the handle.

The plastic ceiling cover is held in place by 12 round rubber ball type things on a stalk which fit into their respective sockets. There are 4 each on the long side and 2 each at the ends.

The handle will come off with the plastic ceiling cover. There is a square socket in the handle which slots into the gearbox spline above.

The supply of spare parts for the Vario 1 has ceased but the handle should be common to both versions.

baden87 - 2017-04-11 2:01 PM

Great advice thank you , it's off , how do I separate the handle

Don't know for sure but looks like a circlip secures it as per the following link:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=remis+winding+handle&oq=remis+handle&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.13725j0j4&client=tablet-android-pega&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=HnZYqp3CPBfmCM:

Archived