Condensation

mikejkay

Now that the sun has chosen to emerge I have noticed condensation inside the window in my habitataion door. The patch seems to be getting worse and is now about 6" across. I am also getting a little condensation inside the kitchen window.

Can this be fixed or is it something that the dealer should sort out? The vehicle is a Hymer exsis-t 414 and is now ostensibly 13 months old.

There must be water in the double glaze unit .I had a similar problem, my van is 12 yrs old and the windows where made by Polyplastic and they had issues with delamination which they fixed under warrenty (mine was out of warrenty but thats another issue).

You could try to remove the plastic plug assuming the window has one (as the picture) on a hot day and let the condensation evaporate.

But I see your van is nearly new so straight to the dealer would be my first port of call.

Brian K

57405193_2016-01-3015_24_18.jpg.dbcf5a0fda7f4daf13ab86a113c410f9.jpg

mikejkay - 2017-04-11 6:59 PM

Now that the sun has chosen to emerge I have noticed condensation inside the window in my habitataion door. The patch seems to be getting worse and is now about 6" across. I am also getting a little condensation inside the kitchen window.

Can this be fixed or is it something that the dealer should sort out? The vehicle is a Hymer exsis-t 414 and is now ostensibly 13 months old.

Are you talking about water beading on the acrylic inside the cavity, or merely light, localised, fogging of the cavity face of the outer acrylic sheet? The former may well indicate a problem with water ingress into he window cavity, but the latter is quite normal in spring because the small amount of additional humidity within the cavity that has accumulated over winter vaporises in the warm part of the day, and re-condenses as the temperature falls again in evening. The plugs Ken refers to are designed to allow the cavity to breathe, and to allow humidities to equalise between the levels within the cavity and external ambient levels. This condensation is transient, short term, self-limiting, normal, and passes within a few days.

If you cant wipe it off and its getting worse it must be inside the double glaze ..so the double glaze must be leaking ..to replace an average window is around £600 +/- so I would go to the dealer and get it sorted under warrenty as a first option.

Brian K

Archived