Elddis Majestic 105.......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

We have a tugger friend who since being widowed is thinking of coming over to the dark side and buying a Elddis.......I know their build quality was pretty suspect a while back, just wondering if its improved with the new building methods?.......

She's looking at a 2013 model supplied from Marquis, I've already said speak to the previous owner to find out why they changed ;-) ......

pelmetman - 2017-04-15 8:17 AM

We have a tugger friend who since being widowed is thinking of coming over to the dark side and buying a Elddis.......I know their build quality was pretty suspect a while back, just wondering if its improved with the new building methods?.......

She's looking at a 2013 model supplied from Marquis, I've already said speak to the previous owner to find out why they changed ;-) ......

From the info I've seen they still leak like sieves. Need to wait a few years and see if the quality improves under Hymer ownership.

You know they really need a German van. :D

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2017-04-15 9:58 AM

Dave-

Check out this recent-ish thread...

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Damp-problems-in-Elddis-majestic-175/45964/

:-S

Thanks Pepe, I'll email her a link ;-) ........Looks like this "SoLid" thing is not the great new wonder method they're making it out to be :-|........So it looks like I'll suggest she goes over it with a damp meter, because if its dry after 4 years then, hopefully its a good one ;-) ..........

Archived