RoadPro not working

the clampits

Our RoadPro stopped working recently. It began by failing to lock onto a signal back in January. We could hear the dish whirling about looking for a signal, but it failed to lock on. This was in Braemar, in very wintry blizzard conditions, and we assumed that its failure was due to the conditions and our position in the campsite, surrounded by trees to the south.

However, using the van last month, the system would power up, but the motor that turns the dish didn't work. The lights on the box flashed etc, but there was no noise of the motors working. I couldn't get an appointment with our dealer until this week, so the 'van is now in for them to assess.

I just wondered if anyone else has had similar problems with their RoadPro, and if so, how it was resolved.

The 'van (and therefore the RoadPro) is only 18 months old.

Ditto Andy, power lead had rusted and had a poor connection, so that was sorted easily.

However, the dish not locking on is because the controller box needs reprogrammed. The dealer said it was not a warranty issue, and I would have to return the controller to RoadPro for re-programming.

I contacted RoadPro and they confirmed it was not a warranty matter and in addition to postal charges of sending the unit to them, I would also have to pay £40 for the job. Apparently the re-programming is necessary because the codes for reading the signal have changed, whatever that means. The chappie also said that they were re-programming a lot of units just now for the same reason.

The fact its just over a year old makes no difference, but it does make me wonder just how often this nonsense will have to be done in the next few years, at my expense.

Archived