Vacancies for......Labour MP's......

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2017-04-20 7:02 PM

Bulletguy - 2017-04-20 5:09 PM

John52 - 2017-04-20 4:50 PM

If Corbyn is so hopeless why is Theresa May chickening out of a live TV debate with him?

(like Camerion chickened out of a live TV debate with Milliband)

Corbyn said, "I say to Theresa May, who said this election was about leadership, Come on and show some.'

He's right and i agree.

Farron said, "The prime minister's attempt to dodge scrutiny shows how she holds the public in contempt."

He's right....and i agree on that also.

Yeah....... I bet you believe he can win to? :D ............

BTW she's leading by example B-) .......By ignoring the media muppets >:-) .........

Ignoring the Beano is fine as that's just a silly rag comic to keep the children entertained, but only a fool ignores serious media.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-04-20 8:09 PM

If Corbyn is so hopeless why is Theresa May chickening out of a live TV debate with him?

Corbyn said, "I say to Theresa May, who said this election was about leadership, Come on and show some.'

He's right and i agree.

Farron said, "The prime minister's attempt to dodge scrutiny shows how she holds the public in contempt."

BTW she's leading by example B-) .......By ignoring the media muppets >:-) .........

Ignoring the Beano is fine as that's just a silly rag comic to keep the children entertained, but only a fool ignores serious media.

Surely you don't think the loony lefty BBC or Guardian is still serious media? 8-) ......

When they lost their impartiality they lost their credibility in my view *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2017-04-20 8:20 PM

He's right and i agree.

Surely you don't think the loony lefty BBC or Guardian is still serious media? 8-) ......

When they lost their impartiality they lost their credibility in my view *-) ..........

This is like arguing with the Mad Hatter.

In a live TV debate the media couldn't interfere

So, I say again, Why is Theresa May refusing to debate with Jeremy Corbyn on live TV?

He's right and i agree.

Yes it is serious because it doesn't report on such inane crass rubbish as womens legs or the price tag on a female politicians leather pants which appears to be enough to satisfy tittering pre-pubescent Beano "readers".

If you find reading the Guardian too difficult or BBC news hard to understand, there are other decent informative media sources. The Beano is not one of them.

John52 - 2017-04-20 9:00 PM

He's right and i agree.

This is just obvious bluff and bluster and anything else to avoid answering a simple question.

In a live TV debate the media couldn't interfere

So, I say again, Why is Theresa May refusing to debate with Jeremy Corbyn on live TV?

Cameron didn't do a live debate last time so why should Her Majesty when she's in a much stronger position than he was ... She gains nothing its as simple as that

antony1969 - 2017-04-20 9:09 PM

. She gains nothing its as simple as that

Now we are getting somewhere.

Seeing the bleedin obvious at last :-D

Corbyn would take supporters from her (and she wants as big a majority as she can get for Brexit)

Why is Theresa May refusing to debate with Jeremy Corbyn on live TV?

Well, she hasn't told me personally but I reckon it's because :

A) She doesn't like the idea

B ) She has nothing to gain from doing so

and

C) She doesn't need to.

In those circumstances, I wouldn't do it either

;-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-04-20 9:31 PM

Corbyn would take supporters from her

Do you believe in faeries at the bottom of the garden as well John? :D ........

Since Theresa May called the election her poll rating has increased (lol) .......

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

pelmetman - 2017-04-20 9:41 PM

Since Theresa May called the election her poll rating has increased (lol) .......

And where would her poll rating go after a live TV debate with Corbyn *-)

Whats interesting is your doing everything other than admit the bleedin obvious - she knows than in an equal debate, without the Daily Mail etc to distort it in her favour, Corbyn would get more support than her :-D

John52 - 2017-04-20 10:22 PM
pelmetman - 2017-04-20 9:41 PMSince Theresa May called the election her poll rating has increased (lol) .......http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/
And where would her poll rating go after a live TV debate with Corbyn *-) Whats interesting is your doing everything other than admit the bleedin obvious - she knows than in an equal debate, without the Daily Mail etc to distort it in her favour, Corbyn would get more support than her :-D

Oh come on John....just look at PMQ and tell me Corbyn has a catchance in hell of besting TM in a head to head.  The man is the modern day Michael Foot.....well almost.  At least Foot knew when it was time to admit he was not the 'man of the hour' for the Labour party and stood aside.    Corbyn is a friend of  Hamas and Hezbollah....wanting to withdraw from NATO...unilateral disarmament.......possibly the only thing I and he agree on is B'liar should stand trial as a war criminal......other than that the man , as 'Leader' of the Labour party is a joke......which is not good for democracy as we need a strong opposition for it to function anywhere near correctly.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2017-04-20 9:33 PM

Why is Theresa May refusing to debate with Jeremy Corbyn on live TV?

Well, she hasn't told me personally but I reckon it's because :

A) She doesn't like the idea

B ) She has nothing to gain from doing so

and

C) She doesn't need to.

In those circumstances, I wouldn't do it either

;-)

You forgot.....

D) It would be cruel to make him look a bigger fool than he already does ;-) .......

John52 - 2017-04-20 10:22 PM

pelmetman - 2017-04-20 9:41 PM

And where would her poll rating go after a live TV debate with Corbyn *-)

Whats interesting is your doing everything other than admit the bleedin obvious - she knows than in an equal debate, without the Daily Mail etc to distort it in her favour, Corbyn would get more support than her :-D

That Daily Mail paper sure is a powerful thing ... Its to blame for Brexit ... It seems its to blame for Corbyn getting a wiping ... Global warming ... My bin not getting emptied yesterday ... Rather than doing the modern thing of blaming something or someone else maybe just for once to a look at the man himself ... Mr Jeremy ... He aint cutting it , he is unelectable ... Actually you can blame someone thinking about it ... All those twendies that voted him as leader and in doing so have given us no opposition and a protest party

antony1969 - 2017-04-21 7:31 AM

That Daily Mail paper sure is a powerful thing ... Its to blame for Brexit

You can't have it both ways - We are told its got the biggest circulation - enough readers to swing the Brexit vote.

And can keep casting slurs on Corbyn when he doesn't have an equal right of reply - like he would have in a live TV debate which Theresa May is evading.

Anybody can see Corbyn being cast as hopeless does not concur with Theresa May refusing an equal debate with him on TV. Its like when the police ask you a question they already know the answer too just to test you. By trying to defend Theresa May avoiding debate you are just showing yourself up.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-04-21 7:45 AM

You can't have it both ways - We are told its got the biggest circulation - enough readers to swing the Brexit vote.

And can keep casting slurs on Corbyn when he doesn't have an equal right of reply - like he would have in a live TV debate which Theresa May is evading.

Anybody can see Corbyn being cast as hopeless does not concur with Theresa May refusing an equal debate with him on TV. Its like when the police ask you a question they already know the answer too just to test you. By trying to defend Theresa May avoiding debate you are just showing yourself up.

Maybe Corbyn should leave the safety of London and try preaching/debating with those in Boston and the like? >:-) ...........

I'd like to watch that on TV :D .........

John52 - 2017-04-21 7:39 AM

RogerC - 2017-04-20 10:41 PM

Corbyn is a friend of  Hamas and Hezbollah....

If thats true why can't she say it in a TV debate and give him a fair chance to reply?

In July last year Corbyn was grilled by the Home Affairs Select Committee in Parliament about his remarks about Hamas and Hezbollah and he explained the context of what he said..

( It's available via Google for anyone who cares to read it ).

So if Theresa May challenged him about it on a live TV debate she knows she would be accused of being out of touch - and told to " try and keep up "

:-|

"I'm just showing myself up" ... ??? ... It used to be The Sun that got the blame now it's The Mails turn ... I don't remember John Major or Wlliam Hague blaming The Mirror or The Guardian for losing ... Do you just get your news from The Guardian and nowhere else ??? I doubt it and I doubt very much that Mail readers do either , you give the paper way too much credit ... Corbyns had two leadership elections to air his views and policies , PMs questions , Brexit debates never mind normal daily political life and he's still unelectable but you believe a live TV debate will show that he can thrash Mrs May come election time ... C'mon John Boy get real

antony1969 - 2017-04-21 8:55 AM

"I'm just showing myself up" ... ??? ... It used to be The Sun that got the blame now it's The Mails turn ... I don't remember John Major or Wlliam Hague blaming The Mirror or The Guardian for losing ... Do you just get your news from The Guardian and nowhere else ??? I doubt it and I doubt very much that Mail readers do either , you give the paper way too much credit ... Corbyns had two leadership elections to air his views and policies , PMs questions , Brexit debates never mind normal daily political life and he's still unelectable but you believe a live TV debate will show that he can thrash Mrs May come election time ... C'mon John Boy get real

You can bluff and bluster all you like. But whoever gets this job on will have some very difficult Brexit negotiations being the odd one out against 27 other countries and the EU Parliament. Chickening out of a debate with Jeremy Corbyn does not inspire confidence :-(

pelmetman - 2017-04-21 8:12 AM

Maybe Corbyn should leave the safety of London and try preaching/debating with those in Boston and the like? >:-) ...........

I'd like to watch that on TV :D .........

I thought Boston was quite civilized these days ;-)

In any case what we need is someone who can negotiate a Brexit deal. Chickening out of a debate with Jeremy Corbyn does not inspire confidence. And he was in favour of Brexit so has to make it work. Wheras she was against it, and changed for political opportunism - so when she makes a hash of it she can just say I told you so I never thought it was a good idea in the first place :-S

John52 - 2017-04-21 11:41 AM

antony1969 - 2017-04-21 8:55 AM

You can bluff and bluster all you like. But whoever gets this job on will have some very difficult Brexit negotiations being the odd one out against 27 other countries and the EU Parliament. Chickening out of a debate with Jeremy Corbyn does not inspire confidence :-(

I can agree with your last six words "Jeremy Corbyn does not inspire confidence" ... I think most of his MPs feel the same too and so it seems does the general public ... Looks like your man can't even lead what is now just a protest party

Haha! Is this the real reason for the snap election. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-retail-sales-drop-march-a7694376.html

Let's get it in fast before project fear comes true.

I've not been a Corbyn fan so far but that's partly down to the fact that he's been so invisible. I like Tim Farron of course. :D

It will be quite funny if they get it wrong again and it smacks them and the Brexiteers in the face.

Barryd999 - 2017-04-21 12:16 PM

Haha! Is this the real reason for the snap election. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-retail-sales-drop-march-a7694376.html

I've not been a Corbyn fan so far but that's partly down to the fact that he's been so invisible. I like Tim Farron of course. :D

It will be quite funny if they get it wrong again and it smacks them and the Brexiteers in the face.

"project fear" ... Oh ye I remember that nugget ... Lies told to the many who through fear voted to remain instead of leave ... We hear a lot about that bus swaying voters but "project fear" doesn't count ... I like Tim too , he looks like an old geography teacher I used to have and hes about as much use too ... Go back to your constituencies and prepare for 10 MPs Tim

antony1969 - 2017-04-21 12:29 PM

"project fear" ... Oh ye I remember that nugget ... Lies told to the many who through fear voted to remain instead of leave ... We hear a lot about that bus swaying voters but "project fear" doesn't count ... I like Tim too , he looks like an old geography teacher I used to have and hes about as much use too ... Go back to your constituencies and prepare for 10 MPs Tim

We could call Theresa's Brexit plan "project lemming" or if it does turn out to be a hard Brexit "project omg wtf have we done"

Barryd999 - 2017-04-21 1:22 PM

antony1969 - 2017-04-21 12:29 PM

We could call Theresa's Brexit plan "project lemming" or if it does turn out to be a hard Brexit "project omg wtf have we done"

Or "project big success" .... Maybe even if its a Le Pen / Melenchon 2nd round run off in France a "project tf we got out when we did"

Archived