new motor home prices.?

fesspark

Looking at todays MMM and the prices for the latest new motorhomes,do you like me think the companies producing these are taking the Mick,The increases from 2 to 3 years ago are about 20%.I thought £50.000 for a motorhome was over the top but now it looks cheap.

German vans normally average around 3% per year and bigger discounts were available on this years models.

We have bought the last 3 vans in Belguim, saved about £25k over UK prices on the new van helped by the far higher trade in value, received £12k more on my old van over what UK dealers were offering and a few k more than I could have sold it for privately in the UK. Also took out most of the risk on the exchange rate.

fesspark - 2017-04-24 4:19 PM

Looking at todays MMM and the prices for the latest new motorhomes,do you like me think the companies producing these are taking the Mick,The increases from 2 to 3 years ago are about 20%.I thought £50.000 for a motorhome was over the top but now it looks cheap.

The exchange rate change over 2 years has added about 16% to imports from the eurozone.

fesspark - 2017-04-24 4:19 PM

It's a fair point you make but by shopping around you can get some very good deals. We've had to travel a good distance for our new van but in doing so we've saved a small fortune (many thousands).

That being said some of those figures quoted by MMM are slightly off the mark so the only way to get a true price is to knock on as many dealer doors as possible.

All the best,

Andrew

Archived