Here is a weird one, try and work this one out.

Fiat Ducato

Rrecently posted a thread on here regarding my Trumatic S3002 gas fire not working. After working previously working perfectly.

Well after a trip away and using the burners quite a few times to boil kettles, cook meals, boil water etc.

Checked gas bottle in cupboard yesterday and to my surprise, the knob was switched to completely closed position. I turned it on. And hey presto Gas fire worked perfectly, bit stinky were it wasn't used for almost 2 years. Nice blue flame, no orange or yellow in it. Finally managed to get fridge working on gas now as well after a few small adjustments on the igniter.

How on earth could the burners have been working if the gas was switched off, no body else touches the gas apart from me. I haven't touched it since we got back and cupboard was locked.

Bit of a mystery or not?

Could the gas hob have just been using all the gas in the run of gas pipes from gas bottle to gas hob or is this not possible.

Try turning the gas tap off and see how long the burners stay alight for.

Or it could be that the gas tap was not quite fully off and could pass enough gas for the burners but not for the Trumatic fire?

Just thinking out loud...

Keith.

Keithl - 2017-04-27 6:01 PM

Or it could be that the gas tap was not quite fully off and could pass enough gas for the burners but not for the Trumatic fire?

Keith.

I'm with Keith on this one!

PJay

PJay - 2017-04-27 6:38 PM

Keith.

I'm with Keith on this one!

PJay

Yeah your probably right I'll check it out tomorrow. Bought a new combined Kidde Carbon Monoxide and Smoke alarm for peace of mind and will be looking to get an Habitation Check done asap

Keith.

I have a similar Truma (c6000) and if the gas runs out it always gives up first before the fridge or any burners but I always get the red warning light on the Truma control unit

andytw - 2017-04-28 7:42 AM

I replied "Easy Next" as the only response I could think of to the original post which, at that time, was totally blank. It was just light hearted banter.

Ha Ha yeah was blank first as clicked submit by mistake before adding my tread.

I think what we found was if the fridge or hob/.oven was actually on when gas ran out in cyclinder then it went off immediately.

On the other hand if gas had been turned off at cylinder, (eg for travelling) and we omitted to turn it back on then the appliance/s would re-light fort a short time using the gas still in the pipework then fail, reminding us to turn it back on!

Archived