Dogs on French sites

Berniea

Some sites will only take 2 dogs (some nil) Best to check before you arrive. The ACSI book does state if/how many dogs allowed. Most will charge . Some sites ban large dogs (not sure how big)

Going to be ex[pensive holiday!! and ferry

PJay

There are a lot of sites that don't charge for dogs, we decided not to charge as we expect the owners to clean up after them and we are not providing anything for them that has a cost to us (maybe a dog shower later) some will have a max of two but we found that they are very easy going about most things on the whole and it is not peak season. Best to phone or ask as a lot could depend on the size of the dogs.

Agree the channel crossing and vets will be pricey but not much you can do about that

mildi - 2017-05-06 9:20 AM

There are a lot of sites that don't charge for dogs, we decided not to charge as we expect the owners to clean up after them and we are not providing anything for them that has a cost to us (maybe a dog shower later) some will have a max of two but we found that they are very easy going about most things on the whole and it is not peak season. Best to phone or ask as a lot could depend on the size of the dogs.

Agree the channel crossing and vets will be pricey but not much you can do about that

Mildi - from the sounds of it you have a site ou have a site in France. If so where abouts is it please?

Berniea - 2017-05-06 10:07 AM

mildi - 2017-05-06 9:20 AM

Mildi - from the sounds of it you have a site ou have a site in France. If so where abouts is it please?

www.campinglaforetdetesse.com we are like an English CL about 10 minutes off the N10 at Ruffec in the Charente.

We are not open till June as we are waiting for our new electric connection but if you get this far down call in.

Mark

PJay - 2017-05-06 12:15 PM

It looks lovely mark. Good luck in your new adventure. Sure to get lots of bookings now, you have quoted your web site.

PJay

Only if we can get the good old French electrickery on and make sure they have not wired it reversed polarity. :-D

mildi - 2017-05-06 1:45 PM

PJay - 2017-05-06 12:15 PM

It looks lovely mark. Good luck in your new adventure. Sure to get lots of bookings now, you have quoted your web site.

PJay

Only if we can get the good old French electrickery on and make sure they have not wired it reversed polarity. :-D

Know what you mean. We have friends near you in Dept 87. Very extremes of weather down that way!!

PJay

I am hoping it will be before the end of this month, I will know more on Tuesday when EDF are coming out to tell me where they are putting the meter.

I will PM later just look in you inbox above.

Regards, Mark.

Don't worry we take Two large dogs, we just book in, we don't mention it and the site owners have never said anything, you may also see mentioned in the books about vaccination certificates, again we have never been asked, anyway we haven't any.

You come across lots of campers with three dogs, France must be the dog tolerant country in Europe.

My only advice is always check the date in their passports that the French vet as entered before leaving the surgery.

Go and enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

We're currently in France heading down to Bordeaux (ish) and so far we've stayed at three sites on the west coast.

At check in, we've informed the reception staff that we have three dogs and out of the three, only one has charged us - and even then they only charged for two dogs because the computer wouldn't allow three dogs to be entered." Computer said no".

Seems there isn't a problem of any kind on French sites with dogs.

All three sites have been ACSI sites (which I have to say are cheap as chips.... well almost!).

Archived